October 12th, 2004- OHC Completed.. Pics, Pg 6..

Dirty Rockstar

56k users, grab a Snickers.. before the pics, let me say.. Dremmel tools fucking kick ass! I must have one!! I started out with a Base Lumina cluster housing.. The rest was cake.. Well.. The melting plastic resembled the frosting.. Anyway, I also worked on the DIC buttons, and the Overhead console.. Maybe we all can put 2 and 2 together for that one, lol.. But the multiplication variable of x, the location of the DIC, is what's missing from the equation.. Enough.. To the pics!!

274035_103_full.jpg

Breakfast; chips n salsa, a water, and what I started with..

274035_104_full.jpg

Disassembled.. Thgis is what needed to be hacked down..

274035_105_full.jpg

Flat as needed.. lol.. God.. Dremmel.. I worship thee..

274035_106_full.jpg

DIC buttons.. :wink:

274035_107_full.jpg

OHC.. I like this thing.. Gonna klick ass up there, that's fo shizzle..

274035_108_full.jpg

A "test run" of the UB3 inside the housing.. Orgasmic.. lol..

Thats all for now.. I had to stop cause the fumes of melting plastic wwere really makin me woozy.. Feedback please! Thanks for viewing!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• Baddflash

• slick

• jeremy

Guest Anonymous

what the hell is this? I just cant figure out what hhappened to that DIC and whats going on with the ub3? i cant wait to see it when its done, becuase I am rather stumped. doesnt that ub3 have a larger surronding around tthe gauges?

Good luck steve... this is really biazzare.

more ppics! more! i'd like some detail on how the cluster went together and whats going on wiith the dic?

There really isnt more to show today.. I just set the UB3 in the housing.. And the DIC is being relocated.. without it's buttons.. There will be a plethora of pics, dont you worry :wink:

more ppics! more! i'd like some detail on how the cluster went together and whats going on wiith the dic?

how much progress do you think he could have made in the three minutes between your two posts??

It WILL kick ass, lol! Pics will be up as progress advances.. Ill probably drill the mounting holes for the cluster, and make the face overlay to make it look nice.. Also fab. up some light pods.. Do ym pants kick ass or what? lmao

Okay, now that you have pics posted, I understand what you're doing now :lol: . I thought you were trying to mount the whole UB3 cluster into the Loomie's dash. My only question is: are all of the indicatior lights LED's integrated into the main board? Reason being, if they used regular 194's or whatever, the placement of them wouldn't line up with the base Lumina cluster's housing. Just curious...

So is the DIC's display going into the overhead console, or what?

Keep up the good work!

The operational lights.. The ones not integrated into the Digital part, are just regular 194s.. Gonna make a pod to go off top the side of the UB3.. The DIC.. That you'll have to wait and see.. :wink:

wow, that's quite different from the Regal digital dash - the Regal setup is all LCD.

--Dave.

I almost like the Regal's better.. Except.. This one was FREE!! lol.. Did you get your regal one from 101 Dave?

Yup, sure did, he gave me a good deal on it tho, because I got it the day after I sold 'em my Beretta - the engine ran, but it had two blown head gaskets, and the water pump housing was cracked.

--Dave.

I can't wait either.. lmao.. I want to see this done and over with! LOL.. What I have gottem myself into.. Oh man.. LOL.. Gonna mount the UB3 in it's new home as I said tomorrow.. Also gonna go to the home depot if I have time and pick up some plastic to finish the OHC and the cluster off.. And make a bezel for the DIC.. I need to hhave some assistance on fiberglassing.. I haven't got a clue as to how to go about it.. I need to know how so I can relocate and change my HVAC unit.. lol.. But this is tons of fun.. AND I have a dremmel!! Muah!

You sound like a psycho

I am.. I am nutty as they get, a creature of habit.. And of the night.. Sawzall is my angel, midnight, lmao.. It is pretty cool.. It'll get done too.. I guaran damn tee it..

Also gonna go to the home depot if I have time and pick up some plastic to finish the OHC and the cluster off..

Hey lemme know if you find any smoked plexi at the Depot. I've been to 4 different Depots around here looking for smoked plexi and came up empty handed. Everyone says they have plexi, but I can't seem to find any anywhere...

I'll PM ya with the info on that Dissco.. since you're NEVER on MSN. lol.. I'll be heading out there today, I'm pretty sure.. So if ya see a busted ass Euro runnin around, ya know its me, lmao!