Oil Pump and Gaskets questions, Need Help!!!

Jon89le

*I am posting this from another forum just to get more people to read it*

I just got my parts in and i hit a wall already. How do i install the oil pump screen to the pump itself? From the looks of it, it seems like the metal shaft thats part of the screen just slides into the hole on the pump but that doesnt sound right because nothing else holds it in.

My other question deals with the timing cover. In the service manual it says to install RTV Black Silicone to 1)the place where the front cover gasket meets the oil pan gasket and 2)To the mating surface of the front cover and engine case. Now where do they mean for #1? Do they mean to add a thin small bead on the place where the front cover and block meet on the surface of the oil pan gasket? On #2 im totally lost. Do they want me to apply a bead of silicone on both sides of teh timing chain cover?

~If its needed, ill take a picture of my problem area and post it up and you guys can just point out what to do. Thanks for any help...