4t65 into 3100 1st gen w body swap

l67ss

figured id do a how to thread. this how to will directly apply to 96-99 1st gen ws. will apply to 88-95 ws if doing complete obd2 swap at same time(some parts the 4t65 swap parts list are shared with the obd2 swap parts list). wondering why 4t65 swap? several reasons. newest interchangeable 4t60 was made in 1999, newest 4t65, 2002 so a lil more jy available. after i did the swap shifts seemed more solid and crisp(along with the knowledge that my lil 3400 would never kill it lol). if ur planning an l67 swap but are a brokeass (like me) it alows you to do half the swap at a time and when you actually get around to dropping in the 3800 its just an engine swap period. also the required pcm for the swap has the same gears as a 4t65hd programmed in it.

PARTS LIST

-4t65(duh) if you dont wanna do any programming get one with 2.93s ie 2000-01 lumina or 97-02 l67 anything

-2000-01 lumina engine harness, also need plug from donor where harness plugs into drivers side underhood harness

-2000-01 lumina pcm(still pk2 so no security issues)

-97-99 z34, 98-99 ltz, or 2000-01 lumina trans cooling lines

-if using non hd you can use cvs from 97-99 z34, 98-99 ltz, or 2000-01 lumina

98-99 monte, 98-01 lumina pcm tray is handy but not required but handy

if using hd trans you can use the same d side cv as above but on pass side get the inner cv cup and swap onto your cars stock pass side cv

another note if using hd trans-you MUST use a torque converter from an l36/l26 or 3x00 or it wont bolt to flywheel

on to the wiring

this will cover all 97-99 monte/luminas(possibly cutlass too but im not sure)

on the c100 plug switch the b1 and d5 wire. literally cut both and switch positions.

i also cut and taped off c1 as its unused.

will post 2000 lumina and 97 and 98 monte c100 pinouts tomoro

mebbe nitehawk or someone else with a3800 swapped 96 monte will post that :)

second part of wiring

theres a plug on the d side that plugs into the harness on the fender for the wipers

stock has a 6 pin plug, 2000-01 is a 3 pin.

cut the female end off ur original harness and the male? end off the donor car with a few inches on each plug. simply match colors splice and b VERY liberal with the electrical tape. voila you just made ur adapter harness for wipers. if ur gonna 3800 swap later this adapter will work for that too

will post pics of my adapter and location tomoro also

one other thing I almost forgot, the injectors. you either need to swap injector plugs form old harness to new injector harness or run 2000+ 3x00 injectors. old injector harness wont plug into new engine harness. I swapped plugs on mine

Looks like a cool project. But.....

:showpics:

more of 'em anyway.

well did the trans swap in the dark back in November, and it now has an l67 so the pics I have wouldn't help 3x00 guys too much lol

final thought, if you use a 4t65 from an l36 or any 3x00 you can use the tq converter that come with it. if from an l67 youll need to swap tq converters as l67sone wont bolt to a 3x00