Little rear end tune up....

RedGTP

Last summer, I do my manual swap in my cutlass.. in same time.. I had change my front suspention, ball jouint etc .. I do a big refresh in the front...

now this summer is the rear end time !

I had remove all I need to make a refresh..

some pics..

Need a little works...

IMG_2489.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2495.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

I will change my gaz tank too, after 15$ of gaz.. that smell gaz... I had keep a new one I had put on my old GTP

IMG_2496.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

trailling arm broken... I have buy a kit from GMPP

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

I will remove my flex a form to put a coil over kit :)

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

IMG_2504.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

I am in the same process on my Cutlass! Where in the hell do you draw the line to say your finished enough to drive again? These cars were not very protected underneath!! I am currently replacing both rear axle hubs, brake calipers and pads, brake hoses, struts, trailing arms, leaf spring pucks, sway bar links and bushings and painting "some" with chassis saver; especially the gas tank

post-4752-143689041684_thumb.jpg

post-4752-143689041703_thumb.jpg

post-4752-143689041718_thumb.jpg

post-4752-143689041733_thumb.jpg

Out with the old..in with the new. How did you get your trailing arms off so nicely? My bolts would not come out I had to cut them all to hell with a dremel tool with cut off wheels.

humm, I love me some no rust, We still get winters here but, the 89 Looked like new, so did my 99, so did both my 95's My 96 Cutty was BAD about rust, Along with my 97 GTP (both from IOWA)

if that is your idea of a "little" rear suspension tune up, I'd hate to see a major one!

also good luck geting the GMPP trailing arms right now. they have been on indefinite back order for over a year now. However in the parts number thread in general I have a part number listed for newer police impala trailing arms that are square but otherwise the same things.

THIS is why I buy southern / western cars now.

Nice work Yann.

You and me both. I don't think I'll ever buy a car that lived its whole life in the midwest. If anything, I'll buy it in a southern state and drive it back up.

Dorman make square tubing trailing arms, I got mine on Amazon for around 35 dollars for the pair shipped! Ill post a picture shortly; they seem nice, bushings installed, sturdy and thick coat of black paint.

humm .. GMPP trailling arm was BO ...lol

My friend is a welder, he is going to me as if his welding would be like the GMPP trailling arm :)

bad news .. I had buy a AFCO Sleeve and jamnuts last summer... but on KYB GR2.. the sleeve is to small to fit on :(... grrrr

I need to machined it or find a bigger one ...

It's a bad side of lived in the 'north' of America .... a lottttt of rust all time :(

I will continue this weekend :P

Looks like the underside of the GP... one of the main reasons I ditched that car. Regal = no underbody rust, and I'm going to try my damndest to keep it that way.

Looks like great progress though! Sweet looking CS.