• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• Euro

• Canada

• CuttySup

Nice find! It looks to me like you got a hell of a deal on what's sure to be a future collectible. I bet if you hold onto it for a few years, there will be an Oldsmobile collector somewhere looking to add that to his collection. You could probably hold out for top dollar since it's one-of-a-kind. I know some people will tell you that it won't be anything special, but you never know. I'm sure 15, maybe 20 years down the road there will be people waxing nostalgic for Oldsmobles. If you sell it, one day you might be kicking yourself over "the one that got away."

Personally, if I bought a car for less than the paint job alone cost, I'd keep it...

Right now the only other car that I own besides my two Intrigues and the Cutlass Convertible I have up for sale on ebaY right now is a 1967 Oldsmobile 442 2 door hard top it is 1998 torch red with white and black interior and has a 455 bored .060" over with a m-21 4 speed and a 3.55 posi rear end. If you want I will post pics of that too!!!

• 3 months later...

Well guys I officially pulled off a miracle. I just closed the deal on finding the "One off" wheels that GM made for my Zebra Edition Intrigue. They scrapped the Zebra Edition Aurora a month ago and someone saved the wheels from it AMAZING. The Alero and The Intrigue were spared from the bailer but the guy who bought the Alero did not get the wheels for his car either. I honestly did not believe I would ever find these wheels as the more I asked the more I got the answer "they were scrapped". I have pictures of the rims on the car now they are 18 Inch Billet Aluminum CNC milled with Oldsmobile logos machined into them they reportedly cost GM $4,000 each to design, machine, and setup. The schrader valve to add air is in the middle of the rim and they are mounted with Michellin Pilot XG ZR Rated low profile tires. Tommorow when it is light outside I'll take pictures of the whole car now that the correct wheels are on it. This is why I held off showing the exterior as a whole on here before. hope you guys like the wheels. I can get all kinds of one off factory show wheels from the OSV Intrigue Alero and Silohuette, the Alero and Intrigue Indy pacecars and the Polar Bear Intrigue GM made. They just scrapped all of them and I know where the GM custom wheels are.

1f-DSC00696.jpg

89-DSC00697.jpg

6a-DSC00690.jpg

Can't say as I'm a big fan of the rims, but they definitely set the car off as being something differant.

I'm curious as to why those cars are being scrapped? Why not sell them?

Rims are horrid. It bothers me for some reason that GM usually destroys a bunch of these cars. There is some warehouse in MI I think that is FULLLLL of all these odd concept cars. I'd give anything just for the chance to walk around in there.

The warehouse is in Lansing, its freaking humongous and it an example of nearly ever car Olds has ever made, plus multiples of some of them. Its owned by GM and isn't open to the general pubic as of yet although there has been talk of making it that way.

Rims are horrid. It bothers me for some reason that GM usually destroys a bunch of these cars. There is some warehouse in MI I think that is FULLLLL of all these odd concept cars. I'd give anything just for the chance to walk around in there.
The GM Proving Grounds in Milford, Michigan has a gaurded room full of filing cabinets that contain the sketches of every vehicle GM has ever designed. Just give me a half hour or so to browse through that room 8)

They may not look the best, but they belong with the car and make it complete. I can understand why we wanted to find them. That's like owning the original '88 Cutlass convertible that paced the actual race with a 2.8 instead of the original Turbo Quad-4. It just isn't complete without it.

I probably will never drive the car so don't expect to see it at shows.

why the hell not drive it??? why own it if you're not going to drive it? thats my opinion.

i would take it to a couple shows like the OLDSMOBILE NATIONALS...that show is perfect for that car.

The GM Proving Grounds in Milford, Michigan has a gaurded room full of filing cabinets that contain the sketches of every vehicle GM has ever designed. Just give me a half hour or so to browse through that room 8)

i have a friend that works at the proving grounds, he is in his late 50's and he tells me stories of shit i could only dream about. It is really cool to listen to some of his stories.

I live in Toledo Ohio, but the car is stored in Genoa, Ohio. If you want to look at the car call me at 419-297-8353 my name is Robert. I have more than one Oldsmobile you'd be happy to see. Just thrilled to be part of Oldsmobile history, again!!!

WAIT a minute!! Your here in Toledo also!! I have to see this car!!! I go to UT, live right across the street. Give me directions, and some available time, and I'll come by and see this car!!

Trailers work. I am not sure people would want to see that car at most car shows in this area. I might take it to the Toledo autorama this year it may be out of place even up there. Even when GM showed this car ignorant kids leaned up against it and fingered up the body. There a few very minor scratches in the clear coat, but knowing I was resposible for any damage done to the car at all would really piss me off. I am a custodian of this car and want to take proper care of it. I am still considering selling it this summer or at least putting it up on eBay and seeing what the car does.

Trailers work. I am not sure people would want to see that car at most car shows in this area. I might take it to the Toledo autorama this year it may be out of place even up there. Even when GM showed this car ignorant kids leaned up against it and fingered up the body. There a few very minor scratches in the clear coat, but knowing I was resposible for any damage done to the car at all would really piss me off. I am a custodian of this car and want to take proper care of it. I am still considering selling it this summer or at least putting it up on eBay and seeing what the car does.
Too bad you missed Park & Shine at the HydraMatic plant. All kinds of cars at that show. Mostly GM since it is at a HydraMatic plant and GM sponsors it.