2001 Zebra Edition Intrigue

IRONDOG442

I just bought a 2001 Zebra Edition Intrigue or as Oldsmobile calls it Oldsmobile Intrigue SC3 it is a 2001 Intrigue GLS that was painted a custom blue color with ghost zebra stripes and a ghost oldsmobile logo over the rear fender. The interior is blue (yes all of it) with metallic light blue zebra stripes on the door panels the seats and is embroidered into the leather floor mats. It has dual exhaust and specially machined brake pedal with the Oldsmobile logo cut into it a specially machined accelerator pedal, and a steel dead pedal. The carpet is dark blue and is much thicker than the carpet in my 1999 GL Intrigue. The VIN # is 1g3wS52HX1F100013. I seen the car shown at an Olds show in Lansing in August of 2002. I know they made an Alero and an Aurora to match it. The car is missing its Custom 19" chrome wheels which had Oldsmobile logos machined into them instead of holes for the spokes. I would love to find out what happened to the original wheels from this car.I know GM kept the Zebra Aurora and plans on selling the Alero in Pebble Beach Cal. this August. Any additonal info on this or the sister cars that any of you can provide me would help me greatly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• Euro

• Canada

• CuttySup

yes I have plenty of pictures but I do not know how to upload them to this website

Here is the the URL to Barret Jackson's (the auction company who auctioned it off) http://www.barrett-jackson.com/auctionresults/common/resultsbyyear.asp?auctionid=49&page=7

It is lot #44

Here is the URL from another forum which I posted pics of the car on:

http://www.c2e.info/modernolds/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=695

Do you believe me now ?

Image tags my man!

>

Easy as pie.. Just click the IMG button when posting, add the link right after for the pic, and click the IMG button once more! I wanna see this thing.. I dont believe it for a second that its a special edition, but Im sure it kicks ass!

Yeah I bought the Intrigue from the guy who bought it at the Barret Jackson auction he died and the dealerhip he owned was bought out and the new onwers wanted to liquidate all his inventory. He put 90 miles on the car it now has 1,580 miles and I paid $13,600 for it. I noticed the Alero was sold with the original wheels where as mine was not. I really wish I could find the "one off" rims for it because they were really sweet. I figure just about any 2001 Intrigue GLS with 1,500 miles on it that was never stored outside w/ a $15,000 paint job on it was probably worth $13,600.

The site does show pics, just not under the proper name. As he said in the first post its lot number 44, the name its listed under says Aurora instead of Intrigue.

Canada... what do you want me to do to prove that I own the car? Put my schlong over the Ghost Oldsmobile Logo and post it here? I am open to options.

Euro... You can click on the pics on that forum and make it larger on that forum it should clear them up a little.

If any one else is interested in pics of the exhaust brake pedals or floor mats or close ups of the interior I will host them some where and link them on this forum.

damn canada, someone piss in your wheaties this morning or what?

get some pics up man, sounds like you found a good deal. Ive heard of these things but never seen them. Supposedly all stock performance wise but real purdy.

DSC00541.th.jpg

there is the drivers side floor mat I got it dirty driving it home and did not clean it off

DSC00538.th.jpg

heres the exhaust tips they are chrome and its true dual exhaust and the bumper is different on the bottom there are rolled edges cut out on each side for the tips (which is totally trick)

DSC00545.th.jpg

rear seats the seats are alot softer than the leather grain in my 1999 GL

DSC00551.th.jpg

Thats all the pics I took yesterday. I went to the car wash to clean it before I put the cover over it and the car got its first knick on the rear fender behind the Olds logo. The clear coat isnt even scratched yet. It is a custom Color but it came with a custom bottle of touch up paint. The car made its last journey for a while.

Here's some pics of my 1999 GL Intrigue it has (2) 12" Infinity Subs a 1200 Watt Sony X Plod Amp (2) 350 Watt quad Axial Pioneer 6x9's (2) Panasonic CJ-DD133 140 Watt dual Axial 4.25" in the front door panels and (2) MTX T6 NEO 19mm Tweeters in the upper door panels. And the best part a factory Oldsmobile Delco Theftlock CD cassette combo.

1999OldsmobileIntrigue-side-2.th.jpg

DSC00555.th.jpg

DSC00554.th.jpg

yeah so, I cant wire worth a damn... so shoot me... it sounds good though

DSC00503.th.jpg

here is my fastest machine I own, yes its even faster than my 1967 Olds 442

'eh, its not how it looks on the inside...

i mean come on ... would you honestly want to see your girlfriends insides?

its the outside that really counts and i give you props for that car ... i haven't seen or heard of it until today ...

sounds awsome that you got to find a rare Olds, not too many people are rocking the newer Intrigues, but hey, they're a W and thats good enough. Do you know what engine it has in it? If it has the 3.5 dohc then its a true Olds, cause that is the only brand that had that engine.

Kick ass, IronDog.. I stand corrected! But many have claimed to own a one and only, and it turns out to be their gramma's Yugo or something.. Looks great! Get some more pics! lol

Do you have ANY idea how many people come along claiming they own some exotic car without ANY proof? Sorry, apparently you DO own that car.

I try to give people the benefit of the doubt initially, it wont take long for you to figure out if they are BSing or not.

Like a member on MM who for over a month now "claims" to have a high HP 3100 with a manual swap but hasnt provided anything other than a bllury pic of what looks like a mustang auto shifter in a gutted monte :roll:

He refuses to give details like its a secret but we all know how to do it, it just no one has wanted to tackle the project.

We gave him the benefit of the doubt up until we saw that pic (after 2 weeks of asking), then he didnt show at a meet. Hes real close to getting hung from the BS flag.

hmmm, after reading this thread I think before I finish my car (or tell anyone it's done) I better get a new camera since my digital camera won't even turn on.

Next time I am out at my Dad's place (where all my cars are stored) I will take better pics of the car. I want to get some better pics of the paint anyway. Thanks for believing me guys, I do own the car. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet, I buy and sell cars alot and might sell this at Auburn this year or put it on eBay and see what it does. I think it's nicer, more rare, with more special parts than the Final 500 Intrigues and they are pullin in a good chunk of change. The car has a 3.5 liter Shortstar motor in it. And to answer your question 92Petty the car is one of a kind but they did make a sister Alero and a sister Aurora the Alero got sold but GM is keeping the Aurora. Thanks for the interest, I will let you know if I decide to sell it or not.