vibration at front

:shock:

Hi everyone

I used to post messages here, but i had to re-register. I'm not sure if this is the trouble-solving message zone, but i have seen a couple of msgs posted here.

first, it's a 93 P Grand Prix SE B4U.

Check this out: wheel bearing replaced,new struts, new balljoints, new outer tie rod ends, new drive-axles.

I get a crazy vibration over 60mph. My hands are shakin' on the steering wheel so bad, that if you would look at me from another car, you would think i'm having a seizure.

All those things replaced, and i'm not sure which point of time the vibration started. the wheel bearings were bad so i thought that was it. They were bad. balljoints were done, so i replaced those too. The rest of the parts, i just changed them because i got 102 grand miles on this pig.

I got new tires, wheels are balanced, aligment just have been checked. somebody tell me please where the vibration is coming from.

this car is getting ready to be thrown into a cliff. pissing me off so much.

did the problem start after you got the front end work done? i know around here there alot of High School idiots working at the tire shops. before getting any work done on a car take a good look at the shop itself and the people working inside. once my brother went to a local tire shop and when he got his car back his wheel rolled off the car shortly after!! while he was driving! and i mean the thing went straight into oncoming traffic and managed to roll right under a big truck (hit the frame and bounce off haha). unbelievable! otherwise could one of your wheels be bent? it could also be one of your tires....good luck.

joshua[/quote

There was a vibration before i started changing everything. Somehow the steering also feels loose, - to explain it, it's like when i go on a highway which has a slight slope towards the outer edge (all highways) i have to keep the steering wheel to the left, but soon as i go on a totally flat road, the steering is normal again. It also feels like, the wheels on the front are doing their own thing, like wobble whenever they want to or something.

And no, the tire shop i got the tires/aligment/balance is not a bunch of high school idiots. thank god.

A few things....When you had your tires put on...did they use clip-on or tape wheel weights? What brand and model of tires? What is your tire pressure cold? Did you have the inner-tie rod ends done when you did the outer? Did you have the control arm bushings replaced? Last but not least, did you get a 4-wheel alignment after the repairs? 8)

How are your inner tierods? Try jacking up the car, grasping the wheels, and see if you can shake them. There should be no play at all. I had a bad inner tierod (loose), and it caused some vibration. If yours are really bad, it could cause a lot of vibration. Also make sure everything is torqued to spec.

It's also possible you may have a bent wheel and the tire shop didn't catch it. You might try moving the wheels front to back or better yet, see if you can swap the wheels.

You might also try getting the tires Road Force balanced.

Good luck!