$%^$# Transmission!!!

1badtgp

Well, I just spent the weekend installing yet another tranny. It's time for 1 of 2 things- Detuning and sale of this PITA, or a 5-speed swap. Being an avid turbo dodge guy, I'm leaning towards sale so I can purchase either an '89 Shelby Daytona, or an 89-90 Turbo Minivan. Otherwise, if anyone in Wisconsin knows where I can get the stuff for a 5-speed swap fairly resonable, let me know.

I have no idea how much power ya TGP is making, but since u keep blowing trannys, why not trade TGPs with me, the tranny has about 5k on it and shifts pretty good. Just need to trace down the few issues (FPR, rear brakes).

-Jeff

Lol, trust me, you DONT want this one untill the trans issues are resolved! The engine is making quite a bit of oomph, thanks to some of my own workings. Unfortunately the car gets road corsed and autocorssed, which really takes its toll on the trans. I have gone trhough 11 builds now.

Don't know if it's relevent anymore...But I think that the 4t60 E had more clutches in the OD from the DOHC 3.4. Maybe you could swap to those in your trans. Also...Raybestos is makes clutches called Z-Pac. They are for the 4L60E 3-4 clutch pack. They are in the process of making some for the 4t65...maybe thies could fit in the 4t60 with some fab work. I'm sure if someone could change gears from a 700-r4 into a THM350 with some cutting and welding...why caint you swap clutch packs and gear between the 4X6X's.

I was already like you...frustrated with trans issues...but mine are 3t40 realated...but after reasearching ALOT...I've found out why mine is a weak suck and how to fix it. I've still got more to do and search.

Check out http://www.sonnax.com and http://www.raybestospowertrain.com

Ok, I'll go through the engine

Ported, Polished, and Extrude honed Intake, heads, and exhaust manifolds

Bullet Racing cam(I have an r&d relatinship with them, we're trying to produce a good set of TGP cams)

Custom programmed memcal

Profec-B spec 2 EBC, set at 14psi

Cat and Mufflers eliminated

Supra FMIC(coming out for now, going back to stock for a while)

K&N on the turbo

100 shot of Nitrous

There are some internal mods from the rebuild as well. My machine shop does great work on the 3.1 engines. There is other stuff we are trying as well, but it's all under experiment so we can put it on the market afterwards. This car is more of a test dummy right now than anything. But I'm thinking the auto trans REALLY has to go. Also, keep in mind that while I'm making good power, I really don't think I'm in Jeff's 300+ realm yet, but my car gets road coursed, which is a lot harder on the auto trans than drag. Even with the trans overfilled, it still has problems(Jeff recommended the overfillng and while it helped a lot, it didnt stop the failure).

Sounds like a sweet setup, I'm sure that 100 shot makes a VERY noticeable power increase. :shock: I'm planning on getting another TGP later on to do some wild modifications to(will probably retain the auto trans, but do a performance build on it)..I'll most likely only port the heads and throw in a cam in my current TGP.