FFP UD Pulley Problems?

EurosportZ34

Has anyone experienced problems with the pulley on their 3.4 DOHC?

This could be just another problem on my car...LOL.

But since I got the pulley put on (less than a week ago) I've noticed some strange things going on with my car. For starters she now revvs higher than usual...when I first start her she soars to 2K and she usually has alot higher RPM's than usual once she's warmed up. I've also noticed a strange humming sound coming from the engine...any suggestions?

Now, I now this/these problems could just be yet another problem with the DOHC, and not related to the pulley, but I just wanted to rule them out so I know it's not because of my new pulley.

Like i told you allready, the UDP is supposed to make it rev easier and higher. When my car starts up, it revs to about 2K, then drops down to about 1000-1100 rpms, until i put it in drive, then it drops to about 800-900 rpms. Other than that, i'm not sure. The humming could be because the alt. doesn't charge as well(not that i think about that, its a myth, maybe not even proven).

i get the humming sound too, i think its just the belt. my rpms do the same when i start it goes to 2K then drops to normal. It does it when i tap the gas in park/nuetral too. Revs up, stays there then falls back to normal within 5seconds or so.

Thanks guys....I hope it's nothing. topless94style...how long ago did you put your pulley on? Yeah, mine does the same with the revvs way high.

Like i told you allready, the UDP is supposed to make it rev easier and higher. When my car starts up, it revs to about 2K, then drops down to about 1000-1100 rpms, until i put it in drive, then it drops to about 800-900 rpms. Other than that, i'm not sure. The humming could be because the alt. doesn't charge as well(not that i think about that, its a myth, maybe not even proven).

Whoa there man, an underdrive pulley will have near zero effect on how the engie revs. The pulley's weight isn't that much differant that it would make the driveline rev quicker/easier. The only advantage you get from it is that the accesories (the alternator, water pump, and AC most notably) spin slower and thus suck less power from the system.

with my bonst stock car it will rev to about 2k in the morning, then after a few seconds settle down to about 1100. i also had a strange noise at one point, turned to be the alt.