ceramic coating update

maddux31

Just wanted to update everyone on the ceramic coatings i had done last year (upper plenum, lower intake, compressor side of turbo done in aluminum color-looks like chrome; exhaust manifolds, Jeff M crossover, exhaust side of turbo done in black). This has allowed me to eliminate the heat shield inside the turbo blanket and the turbo blanket altogether. Still have the shield under the powermaster due to not wanting to cook the expensive part!! Fuel lines over turbo don't even get hot. Reduced the underhood temps drastically. I would guess that it has helped the intercooler a little also dut not sure about that. Sure cleans up a lot easier too. I have driven about 7,500 miles since reassembling after my rebuild and have experienced no problems with the coatings or lack of blanket. Food for thought for all who are interested. Dale M.

I was considering having my headers on my motorcycle coated in ceramic by Jet Hot Coatings. Just recently I've been considering having the two headers on the TGP jet hot coated. They are a good company that isn't to expensive. They also coat in a variety of colors from bright polished alum, to black crome. Not sure if they do other parts but I don't see any reason why not.

http://www.jet-hot.com

sounds like a good investment......

where did you have it done........?

and what was the Aprox Cost..

got any pics?

Moore Power Coatings; Waverly, Ne.; about $400.00. kind of expensive but when you pop the hood and see how clean you can keep it with everyday driving it was worth it to me. Top Gun 160 will be the next investment. listening Jeff???? long time no speak...