98 GP 4DR door panel removal

Guest PurpleSplat

Guest PurpleSplat

Anyone have any step by step instructions on removing the rear passenger door panel?

The lock appears to have seized in the unlock position and I can't lock the door at all, was hoping to open it up and fix the problem.

If anyone can tell me how to remove the dash panel so I can switch stereo's, that'd be great too. :)

Thanks

Well I removed the front door panels and they should be about the same to remove the rear panels. There are 2 torx screws behind door handle. They have little circular covers over them. Take the screws out and then the panel will just pull off. Might take a bit a force the first time and you may break some of the tabs. You can pick up a box of new ones quite cheap. Then just disconnect the power window switch and the panel should be free.

As for the dash panel you need to remove the steering column cover. There are 2 screws toward the bottom. Might have to also detach the carpet from this piece. Then just pull down and it should come out. Next find a place to get your fingers in somewhere on the dash panel and start pulling. Get the whole piece lose and disconnect the foglight switch. (and any other connections if you have them) Tilt the steering wheel all the way down and pull out the panel. If you can hold the steering wheel down when doing this because it gives you more room. The stereo is held in by two bolts or screws, just remove them and pull out the stereo. Let me know if ya need more info!

P.S. Do you have a bose stereo?

Guest PurpleSplat

P.S. Do you have a bose stereo?

Unfortunately not. It's just a simple factory tape deck. I was hoping to find a factory CD player and install it in it's place, or just go after market.