91oldscutlass

Ok guys I am finlly losing my mind to the point of torching my car. I replaced the fuel pump 3 times now. Never had this problem before with any car....nor have ever heard of this same problem. Out of 3 pumps I have gotten to drive this car 30 miles. I replaced the relay thinking that might be a problem...not it....The fuse is good...thats not it. I replaced the computer....thats not it...I replaced the coil packs and module...cause after the second pump the car wouldnt start and one of the packs was crack so I decided to replace eveything since I was down there. The steering column was toast so I found one here for 50.00 and replaced it. Any ideas besides 5 gallons of gas and a match????

Fuel prsure is back at 5 psi....I should have 40 to 60 psi. It keeps blowing up fuel pumps....the voltage to the pump is at 12 volts...just dont know what else is going on.

Very true.... You keep saying blowing up fuel pumps, makes me wonder if while driving, its putting more than 12 volts of power to it than when you check it(im assuming while in park or neutral :lol: )

Thats the one hing I cant do at the moment...its out again and not running. Advnce Auto is giving me some strange looks everytime I go in with the bad fuel pumps....3 in a row.... So they couldnt tell me anything either. I called the local GM dealer and talked to the service department and they couldnt tell me anything either. They said they had never heard of anything like that.

Well I replaced the pump and sure enough I got 52 psi of fuel pressure! Now the motor dont run. So I am pulling the motor and putting my 3.1 out of my Gp in it and that will take car of anymore probs with this damn car.

Pressure regulator is good. I found another problem when i took the airbox hose off... there was oil sitting in the throtle body...so i got blow by. So I am pulling the motor tomarrow and ending all probs