• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 93CutlassSupreme

• godofthunder

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• jeremy

Top Posters In This Topic

i know there shouldn't be a difference but from my experience of talking to others and making observations the four door cuttys have more problems than the two doors, i have no idea why that is so prolly all kinds of factors like who owns them and how much weight they carry all the time, i dunno. but so far i've had no problems with my cutty, never left me anywhere. biggest thing i had to do was replace the lower intake manifold gaskets cause they cracked and leaked antifreeze, but i can't complain, it did that at 85,000 miles. other than that no problems, then again i take very good care of it, prolly too good from what my bank account says, haha. i must admit though my biggest complaint is interior quality is poor, the plastic and not aligned right and all, shame on GM for that.

93cutlass...dude you GOTTA make your sig pic smaller! PLEASE! Thanks! :D

Now, with that said...how are you getting all that oil and filter for about $10? A case of oil around here is easily over $14. Thats for decent oil. Lets add filter and the rest of the shit. Your talking about $20-$22. Sometimes I do take mine to have one of those 20 min. places do it b/c I just plain don't have time. They do a fine job, and get rid of the shit! It's not easy to dispose of oil around here...at least I haven't found a decent way yet...

--Jeremy

like i said before, i'm not the only one with large sig pics, and they arn't bitched at

dude, an ac delco pf 52 oil filter here is $2.50, and i can get regular mobil or vavoline oil for no more than $1.50, so thats between $10-15, no where near what you guys are paying. i'd never go to a oil change place, because i have replaced my tie rods, and the new ones have grease fittings, and those grease monkey places do not lube the chassis, and all that other shit they say they do. hell, they usually can't even put the proper of oil in a car

I change my own oil too. Not really to save money but I hate monkey's tinkering with my car when not nessesary, and I like doing it anyways. I run Castrol GTX 10W30 it seems to work good, but hell doesn't really matter what kind you can't kill a 2.8 anyways. :P

like i said before, i'm not the only one with large sig pics, and they arn't bitched at

Actually I talked to someone on here who purposely got a bigger sig picture because yours was so big.

Actually I talked to someone on here who purposely got a bigger sig picture because yours was so big.

there was a few members who had large sig pictures before i posted mine

I think its great that the mods on here are VERY relaxed about our sigs and stuff.. on many many other forums they complain about shit. Its just common courtasy to have a reasonable size pic on here. :? Like my sig on here that I have was too big according to a GP club forum.. they only wanted little banners :roll: I think mine is fine.

I think its great that the mods on here are VERY relaxed about our sigs and stuff..

yeah, that is really nice that they're not on our asses about that shit

yeah, that is really nice that they're not on our asses about that shit

they should be, there is also no need to post the sig multiple times in the same thread....

so back to the oringinal topic sort of, I'm running 5W30 valvoline max life for the older mile engines. I think it's working great, although I just did it last week and my wallet took a 45$ hit for a belt, oil, and filter. Next is the tranny , yippeee. And My dad does stuff with me, I think working on cars is one of the best things a father and son can do.

and who cares, its just a sig, at least its not a giant pic of a pinto... or michael jackson

so back to the oringinal topic sort of, I'm running 5W30 valvoline max life for the older mile engines. I think it's working great, although I just did it last week and my wallet took a 45$ hit for a belt, oil, and filter. Next is the tranny , yippeee. And My dad does stuff with me, I think working on cars is one of the best things a father and son can do.

and who cares, its just a sig, at least its not a giant pic of a pinto... or michael jackson

:withstupid: All those "High mileage" oils are a waste of money IMHO

When I had my Lumina, I started running Max Life because I was losing almost half quart of oil every 4 thousand. I figured I would try it, and believe it or not, after 3 oil changes of the Max Life, there was no more oil consumption. Coincedence? I think not.

Aaron

what the hell is up with you guys bitching my ass about my sig? THERE ARE OTHER MEMBERS WITH SIGS LARGER THEN MINE, BITCH AT THEM, I JUST FOLLOWED THEIR EXAMPLE

its not what brand of oil you use, its how often you change it. if you use 89 cent walmart oil, that meets new car specifications, and change it every 3000 miles, or every couple of months, your engine will be in better shape then if you buy super duper 5 dollars a quart oil and change it only once a year

:idea:

Sorry but your's is the biggest.

Here are the hight of 2 other members' sig's.

365px, 343px

And yours is 431px

Over 60 pixles taller!

Please make it smaller.

Yes his is Larger at 480px high :oops:

He should also get a smaller sig.

The difference between Aweb and you is that he doesn't post nearly as much as you. So it doesn't become an annoyance as much as yours.

And BTW Aweb will have to get a new sig in a month because he will no longer have that car. I will. :)

Yes his is Larger at 480px high :oops:

He should also get a smaller sig.

The difference between Aweb and you is that he doesn't post nearly as much as you. So it doesn't become an annoyance as much as yours.

And BTW Aweb will have to get a new sig in a month because he will no longer have that car. I will. :)

i noticed that too, but he has like 5 times the posts i do