transmission screwiness

zachismisit

Yah, so everything is basically running well with my car, but I have noticed a little trouble when shifiting out of park lately, into reverse etc etc. (i have an automatic 1995 3.1 cutty) It seems to run fine when its in gear, but its harder to shift through the gears, and when i try to go down into 1 only, it will not go past the black in between 1 and 2, and after I get it down all that way, its a pain to get back into drive. I checked the fluid- it looks fine and is full.

any idea what the deal is?

Stupid but simple, whens the last time the fluid/filter was changed?

every 30k is best for the trannys but most people dont do it anywhere near that often. Make sure ya fluid is full and if u do change the fluid (or if its been done in the last 25k) put in a bottle of lucas tranny fix, cant say enough about how good that shit works.

-Jeff

more noises developing

it clicks when its goes back into park, and slight whining noise sorta (its hard ot describe) every once and a while. seems to be getting worse

coudl this really just be the fluid and filter?, because the fluid looked fine like i said, does transmission fluid typically not get darker and stuff like oil as it gets older

It should be a nice pink color, but even if it is, the fluid could have got sum water or contaiminate in it. Put it a bottle of lucas tranny fix and see if that helps. If it does, flush the entire sytem, put another bottle in and change the filter

its worth the $8 to find out, and if that is the issue, buy another bottle cauz it works that damn well.

-Jeff

wow!, sry i doubted u bro, I put in abouts half a bottle and WALA! It shifts like a ...i dont know, like something that shifts really smooth. Anyways, does this mean I should consider a fluid change, and does this mean some of the internal parts are wearing out , like maybe the "bands" (i don't know much about tranny's)