How fast have you gone

maybe2fast

And a GTP is not that much more powerful than a TGP. I know you all preach the L67 like its the God of all V6s, but it really isn't. It didn't take much to have me beating a factory GTP. They aren't that fast, they just have very good low end torque. But low end doesn't matter after tires hook up remember. Sure it has more actual hp, but I wouldn't doubt a 12psi TGP running side by side with a GTP.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfewtrail

• digitaloutsider

• dbtk2

• TeeJay3800

And a GTP is not that much more powerful than a TGP. I know you all preach the L67 like its the God of all V6s, but it really isn't. It didn't take much to have me beating a factory GTP. They aren't that fast, they just have very good low end torque. But low end doesn't matter after tires hook up remember. Sure it has more actual hp, but I wouldn't doubt a 12psi TGP running side by side with a GTP.

My slightly modded TGP doesn't have anywhere near as much power as my GTP does in *stock* trim...the TGP kinda sucks for highway power whereas my GTP still pulls pretty hard(factory freak, eh?) on the highway..a guy from clubgp ran his bone stock 01 GTP at Commerce, GA(Atlanta Dragway..1100ft above sea level.) w/ pretty good launches and ran a 14.4 at best...he went to a lower track and GA and clicked off a 14.3 in warmer weather then at the higher track. You've probably seen what my TGP ran at 1100ft(14.7@91mph...woo, your *mighty* 3.4 only trapped at 92mph??). I'm not being an ass, but you obviously haven't driven a good running TGP and a good running GTP yourself, riding in them feels different then driving....

ok aaron look. stok TGP 200hp stock GTP 260hp GTP will win between the 2 every time stock for stock

the fastes TGP is a very low 13

the fastes GTP is 11.9 and progressing lower..

not tomention the Trany limitations on the the TGP 4t60 compaired to the GTP 4t65HD

ok aaron look. stok TGP 200hp stock GTP 260hp GTP will win between the 2 every time stock for stock

the fastes TGP is a very low 13

the fastes GTP is 11.9 and progressing lower..

not tomention the Trany limitations on the the TGP 4t60 compaired to the GTP 4t65HD

The fastest GTP's are faster then 11.9's..check out clubgp's 1/4 mile list..even some w/ the *stock* supercharger are doing better then 11.9's(the sc's are ported and they have every mod known to man though).

As I said before max hp has nothing to do with actual acceleration.

260hp GTP is actually slower than the 240hp one.

I have driven a farily good running TGP, rode in Luykes which ones good, and driven 4 GTPs, one new one. They are quick no doubt, but not that much faster than Lukes car. They simply lack the high end that the 3.4 has. And also, my 60' time on that run of mine was absolutely terrible. The track was good, but I was having trouble adjusting to the ease of tirespin down there. Launching here(7000ft) and there(1200) is a COMPLETELY different story.

Sony what did you run in the 60'? I believe your best time that night was liek a 15.4 or 15.5 too. And if I remember he was nailing a 2.1 60'.

a decent amt. over the speedo which reads 115 in my prix, governor didnt kick in which surprised me....105 in the grand am....as for the tgp gtp thing, iver driven a gtp (1999) and while yes it was strong and everything, ive also driven an 01 accord v6 which felt like it had about equal high end punch unfortunately...but then again i took out my dad's avalon which has a 194 hp dohc v6 which theoretically should have a stronger high end.....i dunno i guess my point is just because it has more valves does not mean a stronger high end, there are other factors to include and having boost can account for that

As I said before max hp has nothing to do with actual acceleration.

260hp GTP is actually slower than the 240hp one.

I have driven a farily good running TGP, rode in Luykes which ones good, and driven 4 GTPs, one new one. They are quick no doubt, but not that much faster than Lukes car. They simply lack the high end that the 3.4 has. And also, my 60' time on that run of mine was absolutely terrible. The track was good, but I was having trouble adjusting to the ease of tirespin down there. Launching here(7000ft) and there(1200) is a COMPLETELY different story.

Sony what did you run in the 60'? I believe your best time that night was liek a 15.4 or 15.5 too. And if I remember he was nailing a 2.1 60'.

I had a 2.1 second 60' in the TGP spinning to 10mph on a *decent* launch,...just for comparisons sake...I can do better then that(need to rotate the tires, rears have a lot more tread then the fronts..guess I'll drive the TGP to school tomorrow to rotate my tires for free and check the alignment on it while I'm at it) w/ the tires on it if I lower tire pressure some more, I had my ractive intake on the car and it felt slow as hell past 70mph compared to what it feels like w/ the K&N filter straight on the turbo. Next runs will be made w/ the K&N.