How fast have you gone

maybe2fast

139 in the Z34, My friend paced me in his Lighting, I hear top speed is 150 in a Z34 after you take out the limmiter...

You think a 200/210HP car with so-so aerodynamics can do 150? I think not. Hell, a 275HP Z28 can only do 156.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mfewtrail

• digitaloutsider

• dbtk2

• TeeJay3800

Went 122mph in my TSTE on Wednesday racing my friends Z28

~95 driving my sisters '95 Z26

~85 driving my other sisters '93 Olds 88, ridden in at 110

111 in my moms SSEi (according to the autotap)

~90 driving in the GTP (but it only took me 8 seconds to get there), ~125 riding in the GTP

105 driving the TGP

184 or 5 in my 85 camed and nitrous (150 shot) 85 Corvette. 181 in an A Gas dragster a long time ago. As far as my TGP never been over 110, no idea what it will do. Oh yea, once tried to piolot a funny car. Shut off before the lights cause it wouldn't go straight, I got scared. Only went 196. It was capable of 230+ but not with me. Yea I'am a chicken. :roll:

Jud

113 in the iron duke olds. (took an eternity to get there)

105 or so in the Z, never again (hate beating on it)

150-155ish in my friend bills 97 gtp, i was holding on for dear life.

125mph in my '91 Chavy then 1.5 seconds later I sandwiched it then I bought a lumina.

120 in '91 Lumina with a car full of people, the needle on the speedo was @ 6:30 so I'm guessing I had to slapping the gov @ 119mph.

I haven't tried to go fast in my '90 Euro yet, but the fastest so far is about 90mph.

You think a 200/210HP car with so-so aerodynamics can do 150? I think not. Hell, a 275HP Z28 can only do 156.

If it can do 140 in 3rd gear its possible, I've seen a Svt Contour do 152, thats no more than 200 hp. The Camaro's must be geared or limmited not to go that fast, but they should have the potential to go faster.

-Chris

If it can do 140 in 3rd gear its possible, I've seen a Svt Contour do 152, thats no more than 200 hp. The Camaro's must be geared or limmited not to go that fast, but they should have the potential to go faster.

-Chris

No, the Camaro's aren't limited...thats all the power they have. The difference in power needed to go 160 instead of 150 is HUGE though. The 405hp Z06 can only hit 170.

Shawn

185 in a stock car @ Daytona ( I wasn't driving of course)

105 in a 2000 neon, rental car, clocked by oncoming cop, rest is history on that one.

~100 in my cutty, just never wanted to go any faster in it even though it felt quite controllable and sure footed

How come the Corvette ZR1 (back in the 90s) had a top speed of 182mph? It didn't had about the same range in HP, if not less than 405. It was a DOHC engine so maybe its got more in the top end.

Yeah, the Mercury Marine built LT5 was rated at 405HP its last few years (was 375 initially). I think you're right, the higher top speed was because of the DOHC motor's stronger top end over the LS6. Unless the C4 had better aerodynamics than the C5, which I doubt.

me and my buddies have a radar gun, so we took turns clocking each other,

Regal: 119 (ran out of road)

Saturn: 101 (Fuel cutoff)

other cars that werent mine but i wasnt driving:

nitefall's GP: 125+

nitefall's lil bro zack's cavalier: 112

same as above, but i was driving:

zack's cavvy: 112 (fuel cutoff)

my mom's 1998 malibu: 110 (cutoff)

my dad's 2003 intrepix SXT: 128 (then i chickened out)

by buddy brian's 1996 neon DOHC coupe 120+ (has a cutoff @130 but i didnt hit it)

my grandma's old 2001 Le Sabre: 105

i think that's it...

Guest TurboSedan

116mph in my Cutlass - tested when the speedo was accurate back when i had my 1st Getrag in the car. could not reach 117mph no matter what i did.

right now i can only go about 104mph or so in the Cutlass - the ECM thinks i'm going 116mph (indicated), but it's been way off ever since i swapped in the 2nd Getrag :roll:

i've had my GTS up to 116mph too, but that was with an extremely clogged stock exhaust and full manifold pressure to the wastegate (like 4psi). it's a whole lot faster now :twisted:

i've gone about 135mph in my brother's Shelby Lancer, and it could have gone faster but i think we were having enough fun as it was.

joshua

133 in my regal, no shit

How did you know you were doing that speed? my parents 94 Regal only has like 115 on the speedo and it doesn't feel too good at 105 w/ the mushy FE1 and old struts on it. :wink:

My Reagl has a digital speedometer, they were put in the cars in 88-9?

-My 01 GTP...126mph according to the HUD and then the car cut off

-My 93 GP SE(3.1) - 110mph, too slow to get up any faster where I did this at...

-parents 94 Regal(3.8) - 105mph

-My TGP - 120mph(had to slow down since I gaining on a car quick as hell)

I won't bother listing non-W's as I've driven/rode in a lot of cars doing way too fast on public roads. :oops:

more then 100mph in my old 78 chevy scottsdale 400sb.. speedo stoped at 100.

107 down a hil in my old 88 Lebaron 2.5

115governed 95 lumina LS. didnt slow down at all keeped a steady acceleration. all the way to governer. that was befor the UD pully and new thermostate

112 in the prix (pegging the speed limitor, still had 4th to go, i need a chip)

155 on my 95 CBR600 F3 (that was about all it had, maybe a little more)

167 in my buddys built Taurus SHO (i was driving, racing a mustang)

178 on my 01 Suzuki TL1000S (kinda scary, but it just floats at that speed)

- Justin