Getting a 3100 engine

scorpion_x9

Well, tomorrow, i'm hopefully getting a 3100 that threw a rod. If everything looks alright i'm staching it up right a way. I have dibs on the intake manifold and plenum, as well as the rear exhaust manifold. Other than that, i'm parting it and selling the components that are good. (This goes towards my transmission fund! yay! :)) Now I gotta clear out my trunk of my system and put down some card board so I can tear down the engine and bring it home! I don't have any friends that have trucks... So it kinda sucks. So if anyone needs some parts I'll be glad to negotiate a price on some of this stuff. I'll only be able to do person to person transactions though. That's if I get the engine. If you're interested in getting some parts hit me up, my e-mail is scorpion512@earthlink.net. Just tell me your screen name for the W-Body forum so I can a familiarized with who you are.

Does any one know what type of grease or something that you can use to prevent any of the parts from rusting, cuz i'm gonna put this thing in my mom's garage.

Oops, for got a little information on the engine. It cam out of a 1996 Grand Am GT, and it had about 100,000+ mi on it. Like half city miles and half highway miles. It was in my managers car, he had to come from Lansing to Grand Rapids every day.

i need the 2 brackets/bolts that the rubber mounts bolt to on the engine. the one is physically bolted to the engine on the front by the belt and other is on the bottom by the balancer to hold the dogbone

i got 20 including shipping if you can get them to me in ohio