UPDATE...my problem worsens...

gmrulz4u

Yesterday I posted about how my 89 Supreme was acting up. When I had the wheels turned, and tried to accelerate, it was kind of surging, and not responding.

Today, just as I get home, with the engine warm and the heat on, the car starts to surge badly at idle and with my foot lightly on the pedal, only going like 5 mph inbetween speed-bumps, it almost seemed like it was about to stall. I'm trying to remember it the dash lights were dimming and brightening rapidly, but I don't think so...

So what could the problem be here folks?

I know it's not the tranny. The EGR valve, brand new from the dealer, is about a year old, the O2 sensor is brand new, about 2 months old.

For a while, I've always had, what I believe to be, unstable idling. I remember cleaning the IAC valve, but that hasn't seemed to make any difference at all.

My number one guess would be a vacuum leak. When I get up in the morning to start the car, sometimes the idle would be at like 2000RPMs.

Either this or it's electrical. I've noticed my digital multimeter was fluctuating A LOT last night. With the car in park, waiting at a store for a few minutes, the heat on, the voltage would be going from 11.5-12-11-12.5-13.5-12-11.5-12.5 etc...all this in only a few seconds...I had never seen it do this before...

Any suggestions??

THANKS

PS My final guess would be the ECM...??

I'm going to hook it up to my AutoXray and scan it later on...but it may only have these symptoms when it's HOT...and of course, the Check Engine Light is never any help!!(it never comes on!)