It Cranks, It Turns over, it runs like a tank at WOT then...

Daggar

Update: They are in the process of cleaning the fuel system - cross your fingers

I was crusing along in 4th gear when all of a sudden I felt the engine loose it's power. If you pushed on the gas it sputtered. Mind you I had only filled up a hour prior to this. Anyway I shifted into 3rd and it improved but not by much so I figured I would pull off to the side and see WTF was up. Thats when the car decided it didn't want to run anymore. I pulled down a side street and stopped the car. I tried cranking it and it would not fire. I figured damn it's the timing belt. I tried cranking it again and it sputtered and ran then died. Got out disconnected the Idle Control Module and tried again. Well it ran but it was off tune and and you could just smell the fuel. So reconnected that and started it at WOT and it ran b ut still sounded bad so I said ..... a few colorful choice words then called AMA and got a tow.

So now it sits at the dealership awating the autopsy

Now heres what I did before this happened.

My friend's car died after filling up at the same gas station. So we went to look at a car for her but it had a dead battery. So we tried boosting it with the Lumina. the onlything that happened is it killed my car and I had to restart it. So I'm thinking that maybe the gas caused the computer to throw a fit and die or we blew something trying to boost the car. I'm hoping it's bad gas then I'm going after the gas station for both me and my friend.