Body work questions

topless94style

As you guys know, my car was hit before thanksgiving. I will be using the excess in my school loan to pay for the repairs. I was able to spend an hr on the paint and remove the scratches and paint over the exposed metal to protect from rust.

List of things that need to get done:

Spoiler repainted to match car, the white is not the same as the car

New Rear bumper

Fix the dents in the rear quater panel and get repainted

New Rear tailight

New wheel well molding

List of things i Want done but dont really Need:

New Hood, mine is bent slightly so the lines dont match up with the fenders

Repairs on the passenger side fender and front bumper cover, both are bent from accident by previous owner

If i were able to get the hood, wheel well molding, rear bumper cover, and spoiler painted off from the car, would that save in labor costs of masking off the car?

Would doing this cause the paint to not match because it wont be blended in?

If i prepepped the car for the quaterpanel to be repainted, like take off all pieces, and whatever else needs to be done, will this also save on labor?

The original quote to repair the damage was $1500 and I was also quoted $95 to get the spoiler painted.

What are your guys thoughts on this?

I do NOT want to take this car to MAACO

is the white on your car faded bad?? if not i would say bring them the bumper and everything and let them paint that. there arent lots of different whites out there if its just a straight white. then what you do you buy a buffer put the parts back on your car and buff them yourself. thats where these companies make alot of their money is by masking time and all the extra prep work they have to do and all the buffing. so prep the parts yourself and get them painted. thats just my thoughts

The white is looking very good, I could probably go over the whole car and wet sand it or use some rubbing compound and polish and stuff and get it damn shiny again.