Before I begin let me say that I've searched all over looking for info...

Now, I have a '91 Grand Prix SE 3.1 with aluminum heads. The car is in excellent shape for 144,000 miles and after it decided to leak more oil than I could keep in it a bearing finally went... I've decided to rebuild the engine and after carefully following the Chilton manual I'm finally stumped. I let my friend use the manual for his own Grand Prix and he ended up going on vacation before I got the manual back and I'm really needing to get this engine out. I have everything removed from under the hood and as far as I know all I have left to do is remove a couple remaining hoses and wires that are left, unbolt the exhaust, and unbolt it from the tranny and lift it out. My question is where are all of the tranny bolts located? I know of the 4 on top where the crosspipe is, but are there some underneath hidden by the bell housing cover? Also, what length of extension will I need to get to the exhaust bolts in the back of the engine? Is there anything else I need to know before I chain it to my hoist and start lifting it, any engine mounts besides the two up front??

No matter how stupid or how small, let me know. I don't want this thing to fall on my head or something...

Thanks in advance. :wink:

You have a bellhousing bolt going in the opposite direction on the bottom the way toward the firewall side. You''l have to get at it with a really long extension from the passenger side. Also in a similar location on the bottom there is another bellhousing bolt/stud i believe up front. Also don't forget the Torque Converter bolts holdfing the converter to the flexplate, if you have an automatic.