Exhaust question... Attn: Superbuick/shawn L

RedZMonte

i was curious if anyone knew if i could build a exhasut system on my 1992 Lumina Z34 converting it to single and then take it to a 1994 Regal and bolt it directly in. Does anyone know how simmilar the 2 exhaust systems are.

I am hoping it will be like the Monte carlo LS/Z34 and just have everything interchange.

My buddy with a 1994 regal is willing to bring the car down one day but it won't be untill the end of the month. I am going to try and compare the 2 today at my lunch brake.

Tom: I know you have both cars, have you ever compared the two?

I don't have pics on my server yet. but if anyone wants a pic of the midpipe i can e-mail it to you if you post your Addy.

Shane

Shane, the exhaust systems are nearly identical with the exception of the y-pipe into duals on the Z34. I will look later this afternoon, but I think the systems on both cars go OVER the rear spring/suspension. I know for a fact that it does on my regal. They also both bolt up/hang in the same place, again though the regal only on the passenger side and the Z34 on both. I never looked at where they meet the downpipe, but I assume it is the same. The cats and resonator are in the same place as well. I will look later to see if the bend in the regal system is where the y-pipe is on the Z34.

-Tom

Heheh!

I haven't taken a look at too many Regals, they're the least common of all W-bodies. I didn't think I'd ever seen one with dual exhaust, but some of those early GS coupes with ground-effects certainly looked mean enough to have it. Unfortunately, I don't see those hardly ever. Mostly base model Regals or 4-drs around here.

It can be done.

Mine was a single over the suspension 2". Now it's a dual 2.25 under the suspension.

When I get home tonight I can post a bigger pic so you can see the y. Basicly we just bent a 94 dual GP exhaust. But bolted a new hanger where the center jack stand was. Didn't plan on it but it was there.

Oh yeah...you can see it a bit bigger on my meger web site.

I am planning on making 2 options for the regals:

"2.25 mandrel bent Catback piping w/o muffler"

and

"2.25 mandrel bent Catback piping w/ Magnaflow Muffler no tip"

I am designing the muffler with a 4x9" 2.25" offset inlet/center outlet Magnaflow muffler. But i might switch that to a center in dual out and run a muffler like this one, because it includes tips and it would be a good deal for $140. the dual oval tips i think would look good on the Regals:

http://www.exhaustproslinc.com/mag5x8wduald.html

mfscombo06.jpg

Fec798ac.jpg

I may add a tip so its a complete system. but as for install you will need to get your stock hangers welded to the new pip because the 1st gen w-bodies used some ghetto ass hangers that bolted to the hanger to the exhaust. and you will need to weld your stock catback flange to the new pipe. I think i will have it all flange together and have the muffler flanged as well so it can be unbolted and swaped.

RedZ