Sluggish brake pedal

HEMI-V8

So after reading tons of threads Im not really smarter than before.

Because Im from germany and many accumulator distributors are close to me, I will order a new one here.

I only need the right one !?

Till the brake problem is not fixed I won´t drive my Buick, its to dangerous. :bawling1:

Yes. Only one is needed. All of them should be pre-charged already. You may possibly need to specify the pre-charge pressure if you choose that Olear unit. I'm not sure if you've ever been in contact with "Shurup" on here, but he could fill you in on details for that one.

the guys from the reatta forum wrote that the precharge pressure for the Teves Powermaster II system is 750 PSI.

So will this also be accurate to mine powermaster III system ?

Okay thanks. So should i precharge the new accumulator with 2700 psi ?

A guy from an lotus forum writes:

CODE A062

LOW ACCUMULATOR PRE-CHARGE

The Accumulator is precharged to approximately 1200 PSI with nitrogen gas. The Pump Motor

maintains system pressure between 2200 PSI and approximately 2700 PSI. The Accumulator Switch Motor

Control closes when the pressure drops below 2200 PSI. This grounds the Pump Motor Relay Coil causing

voltage to be applied to the Pump Motor and Pump On Input. Whenever the Pump Motor is on, the Pump

On Input will have voltage applied to it. The Pump Motor will run until system pressure is restored to

approximately 2700 PSI.

CODE A062 will set when the ABS Controller detects short pump run times of less than 1.4 seconds in

duration.

Edited by HEMI-V8

No. PMIII should be around 2700.

That's the cutoff pressure of the system, not the pre-charge/starting point of the accumulator. Our original accumulators had a pre-charge of about 1200psi.

1200psi is the amount of pre-charge you will want to specify for your accumulator.

Is it an problem (ecept the space) when the new accumulator is bigger than the original ?

Original 0.25 l

New 0,32 l

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17892[/ATTACH]

So long as it physically will fit on the car, the container being larger will not be an issue. I run a Hydac accumulator that's larger than the orginal AC Delco on one of my cars. It's been on there 10 years(or longer) now.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like it is an neverending story, with my brake problem:

I´ve ordered last week an new accumulator @ hansaflex germany.

They said that its no prob to precharge the new one with 1200 PSI.

Today I got a call that it is here, but not precharged and this idiots said that they could not precharge it and dont know who can do that !?

After calling a couple of companies, everyone said that they wont precharge an accumulator from an external company !!!

Additional no one can give me a new precharged accumulator.

Now Im really desperate. :confused: