Newbie here from Illinois

olds65

Hello all,

My name is Lauren and im an Oldsmobile nut. My first car is (because I still have it) a 1992 Olds Cutlass Supreme convertible with the first gen 3.1 and fully loaded (which totally sucks because it has a lot of quirks). I have a weird attachment to this car and I cant seem to get rid of it. I just keep it on the road. It has 187,000ish miles and was from Florida so its pretty clean for now living in the rust belt and never garage kept. I always keep it clean. It has been in the family for 10 years til I got it and boy has it been a real pain to keep on the road at times. and those door handles totally blow. But currently it runs mechanically well. Its turquoise with a black top and the black pleather interior. I also have a 1965 Olds Cutlass that is my bad a** hot rod. I just found out about this forum today and im really glad I did because hopefully you guys can help me figure out some things on my car and I am looking for some parts. And because I finally found out that people actually love these cars as much as I do. :biggrin:

Welcome! Love these cutlass convertibles! I have a 95' that is my play car, only is out on nice weather! Post some pics of your convertible, would love to see it! And ha, I actually live in the town of Lawton right next to Paw Paw Michigan!

Haha yeah the name is pretty funny. Apparently there is also a Paw Paw, Michigan as well. But yeah Im out in the boonies.

Haha good stuff. I thought it had my location under my avatar, but anyway I'm from the NW burbs of Chicago

Welcome! Love these cutlass convertibles! I have a 95' that is my play car, only is out on nice weather! Post some pics of your convertible, would love to see it! And ha, I actually live in the town of Lawton right next to Paw Paw Michigan!

I would like to get a different daily driver because i want to keep mine nice. I do love these cars too. Got a great look to them. I like that yours has the spoiler! What cars got those? Heres mine. yqunydu3.jpg8utape2a.jpgrybedu5u.jpg

I just realised i have no photos of it with the top down! Haha.

Haha good stuff. I thought it had my location under my avatar, but anyway I'm from the NW burbs of Chicago

Small world. I used to live in the burbs. Originally from the barrington, Hoffman estates area if you know that area. My family is there so I will visit there every once in a while. I'm really only a few hours west of there.

Small world. I used to live in the burbs. Originally from the barrington, Hoffman estates area if you know that area. My family is there so I will visit there every once in a while. I'm really only a few hours west of there.

Yep absolutely-- I'm in Arlington Heights. A group of us on here meet up every couple months in Downers Grove. We're planning a meet on the 5th if you want to make it out.

Welcome to the madness!! that cutty looks GREAT!

The 2.8/3.1(basically the same engine) certainly have their downtime form weird ignition related problems(seems like mine becomes undriveable about once a year) but the engines themselves are very strong. I've got 277,500 on mine, still runs great.

Man I regret selling my 95 convertible. IT WAS SO CLEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

I digress. Welcome.

Thank you!! I spend a lot of time maintaining and cleaning it because its not garage kept. And it was from Florida so that helped. Happy to hear that. Glad I found this site and know other people that can appreciate these cars. :thumbsup:

Yep absolutely-- I'm in Arlington Heights. A group of us on here meet up every couple months in Downers Grove. We're planning a meet on the 5th if you want to make it out.

Thats crazy!! I got a buddy that lives there and I'm supposed to be going there sometime soon. Are details listed under events? I might have briefly looked it over.

Welcome to the madness!! that cutty looks GREAT!

The 2.8/3.1(basically the same engine) certainly have their downtime form weird ignition related problems(seems like mine becomes undriveable about once a year) but the engines themselves are very strong. I've got 277,500 on mine, still runs great.

Man I regret selling my 95 convertible. IT WAS SO CLEANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

I digress. Welcome.

Hey thanks for the welcome. You have a ton of miles!! Keep er goin!! :P

Welcome! That's a gorgeous convertible, always love that color. I've been to Paw Paw once, a relative of an ex lives out there. Otherwise I wouldn't have known where you're at lol. Always cool to see another local. I'm on the very west side of Schaumburg by Hanover Park.

Thats crazy!! I got a buddy that lives there and I'm supposed to be going there sometime soon. Are details listed under events? I might have briefly looked it over.

If you look in the Events section you'll find the discussion :D

Welcome! That's a gorgeous convertible, always love that color. I've been to Paw Paw once, a relative of an ex lives out there. Otherwise I wouldn't have known where you're at lol. Always cool to see another local. I'm on the very west side of Schaumburg by Hanover Park.

If you look in the Events section you'll find the discussion :D

I appreciate the comments! I get a lot of crap from friends because i am in love with it. Nice to have people understand! Haha. Yeah i have family in hoffman closer to inverness. So schaumburg is familiar territory for me. I go out there from time to time.

Welcome!! LOVE the vert. I want one exactly like that so bad still.

Thanks!! Hey they are out there. Even check ebay you can find nice ones.

Good looking ride! I'm an olds nut too, have a teal 93 vert and a 66 442 (..and a few others). Welcome to the site!

Now were talkin!!! We have the same cars one year off minus the 442 part for me. Haha. Still have the original 400 in it??

Still has a 400 in it but the original engine was gone when I got it. Has the original tri-carb/4spd setup though and it moves along pretty good!

Still has a 400 in it but the original engine was gone when I got it. Has the original tri-carb/4spd setup though and it moves along pretty good!

You got to be kidding me? So youre car is a w30? Did it come factory with the trac pack intake or you got ahold of one. Theres one on ebay right now with the carbs.