In-Dash DVD with Thumb Drive Menu?

pwmin

The volume knob on my JVC is acting up and I don't have my SWC's programmed properly and I want a new h/u for the Regal. I'm also having problems with my iPod again, so I'm looking for alternative methods for playing my music library. Also, I've been wanting a DVD since I got the car anyway. I had an Archos before, but it was way too slow, would freeze a lot and I had to return it defective a few times and I don't think that has changed. I bought a SanDisk Clip+ and loaded Rockbox on it and I can use that with my USB (high-power USB would definitely help), but am limited to 64GB without changing the SD card and I like to have all my music on my device so , but I can always keep the other cards in my wallet or something, which isn't ideal for me. Okay, so my JVC will only recognize the internal memory on the Clip+ and not the expandable, so hopefully the new one will. I also got an external usb-powered hard drive, formatted it to FAT32 and put my music on it, but I understand that even if the h/u reads it, it may take hours to load it up before I can use it, but I would like to get one that can read it. My current h/u cannot. Either way, I have it on a portable drive that I can hook up to any computer and it's small enough. What I'm also looking for is something that displays the folders and files on the USB like the one in my dad's GMC does and I can't find anything information so far about one that does so. Also, I would like for it to have Pandora and iPod control (if I ever get the fucker working), which most units have anyway. Some have MirrorLink, too, but my S4 isn't supported right now, only the S3. Front and rear USB is preferred, but not completely necessary and I'll be hooking up an amp for the front stage and for the sub, so I need sub output and front/rear and would like them to be of decent voltage. I need something that I can use my SWI-Jack for SWRC, too. I would like to keep it under $400 and would like to use my amazon store card.

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. The main thing is if anyone knows a DVD (or maybe even a CD) h/u that displays folders and files of USB thumb drives.

Edited by pwmin

"Many of Pioneer’s new players include Rotary Commander functionality, which allows users to quickly and easily browse through music stored in certain portable music players (such as iPods*) and USB memory devices.**"

Mine has cd and usb. not a premium deck but it's only $50 from walmart, lol. It's a Duall that my kids got me for chriismas, works well but it takes a minute just to initially read my 16g drive. may. be a cheap one to keep you in music till you find what you really want.

Thanks mine is useable just the volume knob is kinda screwy. I did some more research and found some that look like they have some of what I'm looking for and I tried testing some at worst buy today but wasn't too successfull. I was able to mess with an alpine cd that had a folder file menu. The dvd players had no front usb for me to test with my thumb drive and I had some problems with bluetooth.

Edited by pwmin

I ended up ordering a pioneer avh-x5600bhs and some other stuff that should all be here Tuesday. I think it will do everything I needed to. The Dayton sub blew again and I wanted another sub anyway so i ordered a massive audio kilo and that should be here tomorrow. They are going to warranty the sub but I wanted to replace the one in the grand am anyway and use the one in it as a backup. I ordered the pac tr7 bypass module but not sure if I'll need it or not. Also ordered an axxess aswc-1. it seems like it will be a lot easier to program than my swi- jack which I can't remember if it works with pioneer anyway.

it does have that. I ordered it besides because it sounds like the axxess is much easier to program. Unless you need to custom program it, it's supposed to be automatic. I installed a radio in my mom's 01 SPED, so I can use the swi-jack in it to get here swrc's back, too.

unfortunately, it won't read my phone of sansa mp3 external memory through the USB port, but it does read the 128GB flash drive I just bought with folders and everything else. Stupid amazon only sent me one of the two I ordered. First time I think that I've had a problem with them. I thought they came formatted with exFAT, but it was already formatted with FAT32, so I didn't have to me with that. $50 ain't bad at all for 128 gigs. Wish 256GB ones weren't $200 then I could have all my music on one. Pandora works perfectly, too. I bought a 4-port USB splitter and it won't read that either. The HD radio is kinda nice, too. I had a hell of a time getting the parking brake bypass to work. I need the PAC TR7 module to do it plus I had to hook up a switch to the signal wire and have to turn it off and back on every time I take the key out of the ignition. I can actually see the screen, too with sunlight behind me unlike the single dins I've had in the car.

still can't get my iPod to work. It either fails when writing or says it's fine and no music when I disconnect it. I've tried from iTunes 8 to iTunes 11 and none work. I was able to do the same thing with MediaMonkey. I thought it was the software, but I guess it's an issue with my iPod. Hard Disk probably went bad again...POS.