99 regal gs brake upgrade

Suedechrist

So i want to upgrade my brakes.. I have access to a 2006 monte carlo. Will the front and back brake brackets and calipers bolt right up and will i have to get steel brake lines?

Yes they will fit. The rears are the same tho. You can use stock lines
what will be a direct bolt on for the rear so i can go to a 12' rotor? Ive read tons and yes i know its mostly for looks but i do have five spoke 18's on and the stock brakes look bitch

I know gxp rear brkes are bolt on not sure what parts youdneed. A big downside is youd have too much rear brake bias in the rear. If you were gonna run 12" inch rears id also run gxp fronts. Theyre 13"

what will be a direct bolt on for the rear so i can go to a 12' rotor? Ive read tons and yes i know its mostly for looks but i do have five spoke 18's on and the stock brakes look bitch

If you can find GXP brakes from a grand prix you could run those. You will need the front lines as well. The rest I believe is a bolt on. If you are looking for just a front upgrade you could go with a set of dual piston calipers from that 06 monte carlo and keep the rears as is. You could also go with CTS V calipers. Seen that over on grand prix forums.

Cts v calipers? Im looking for a direct bolt on. I like the idea there are direct bolt on methods apposed to dicking around :P.. I keep hearing 12x12 will be to grabby in the back but they are already the same size and if you notice rear calipers and pads are smaller in width than the fronts so im on the side that says it wont happen that way. So if i find a gxp i can take the calipers and brackets and bolt them directly on with new front brake lines and re use the rear? .. Then buy rotors and brake pads for the car the calipers belong to?

Cts-v brakes are bolt on. 14". But you need a crazy offset front wheel.

Cts v calipers? Im looking for a direct bolt on. I like the idea there are direct bolt on methods apposed to dicking around :P.. I keep hearing 12x12 will be to grabby in the back but they are already the same size and if you notice rear calipers and pads are smaller in width than the fronts so im on the side that says it wont happen that way. So if i find a gxp i can take the calipers and brackets and bolt them directly on with new front brake lines and re use the rear? .. Then buy rotors and brake pads for the car the calipers belong to?

They need like a 30mm offset

Little bit over my head.. Do you mean the rim needs 30mm space between the hub and inner rim? Could i find that of the factory specs easy enough?

Have you checked drunkies big bad brake thread on grandprix forums? Its a how to thread on cts-v brakes.

crazy i just found it and i have a 35mm offset.. Lol.. No wonder my brakes look so tiny