3800 S2 slight N/A Build: What's my options?

Buick666

I agree i recently top swapped my 3800. It is amazing. car started as a 96 Z34 with the 3.4 DOHC, after 224,000 miles timing chain tensioner went even though the timing belt was fine. Ended up swapping to a 98 Z34 engine and trans. drove that for 2 years and a few months ago I installed a fully ported top swap. from heads to TB all ported and matched perfectly. Have Si valves, L76 (G8) springs, manley retainers, comp locks, and Viaton seals in the heads. also got Speed daddy headers, full custom exhaust, fender well intake, iridium plugs, and a dhp powertuner. with the exhaust and intake I ran a 14.9. after the top swap i put down a 13.9. If i ran it again i prob could shave another .2ths off as i had a full trunk with tools, sub, spare tire and old tires. Now with my new tires, more accurate tuning with my new wide band, and all that stuff out ( prob 150 lbs of junk) .2ths should be easy.

so again if you can deff aim for a topswap or l67 swap. NA will take a lot of mods and money to even come close to the power of a normal swap.

Sorry for the old thread revival.

But do they fit pretty well in a 1st gen W-Body??

And do they fit a Series 1 also? My buddy wanted to know as well! haha :D

A 95-99 monte is still a first gen w, some call them gen 1.5s cause they have rear coil springs. I just l67 swapped my 97 monte thursday. From now on any w i get is getting supercharged :). A serie 1 3.8 has a dif deck height. Not so easy to topswap, or worth it.

They won't fit without modification of the fire wall. I had to cut a 8"x10" section of the fre wall out, pound the outer firewall flush with the inner wall, and I still have rubbing issues. The info I used to modify my firewall was for the pacesetter headers and the speed daddy's need more clearance on the driver side. This is not something I would recommend doing with the engine in, but people have done it.

Also the sd's oxygen sensor location will not work unless you want to cut even more fire wall. It is easier to just relocate the o2

My car is just like yours and my L67/4t65 fit fine, looks stock but pretty . the harness isn't bad if you or a friend can read the schematic and add what you need. harness would take a car stereo installer type a day or so to mod

My car is just like yours and my L67/4t65 fit fine, looks stock but pretty . the harness isn't bad if you or a friend can read the schematic and add what you need. harness would take a car stereo installer type a day or so to mod

I'm still deciding whenever or not i'll swap the Buick with an L67.... found a donor car but still waiting for tax refund to buy the GTP.

So i'm still waiting!

DOOO EEET GRASSHOPPER ;)

I'm still deciding whenever or not i'll swap the Buick with an L67.... found a donor car but still waiting for tax refund to buy the GTP.

So i'm still waiting!