1994lumina

I'm new to the forum and w body cars in general! I have 94 lumina base 3.1l v6 98k and counting on the odometer! bought it from the 2nd owner who was a family, their 18 y/o daughter was driving it for the past 3 years the father was going to keep it for 2 more years till his 14 y/o daughter was able to drive but his wife won the argument about having too many cars (he had 4 cars). The 1st owner was a elderly couple (probably got scared at the buick dealership) its my dd and project car to restore :) the big 25 will be upon her in 5 years and she will be a classic like her siblings the A body cars still on the road! digging the celebrity euro I've seen running around henderson rocking classic tags I've yet to see it at the local car shows/meetups! So any tips on mods and upgrades would be greatly appreciated :) I've got my eye on euro trunk lid complete with spoiler from my local pic a part and its rims ( mine are 14" Steelies with off brand tires) I've also went the extra step and bought the factory service manual off Ebay to make the repairs easier.

Edited by 1994lumina
corrections

I will post pictures soon! I'm currently without internet but you can see a partial of the car in my avatar and my garage. thank you :) for the warm welcome and Euro I've got tons of questions about your super chevy winner lumina!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Sit in the car while holding the brake pedal down, and jiggle the turn signal switch, while an observer watches the lights from behind the car...betcha they mysteriously work as you giggle the switch...bad turn signal switches are a common "W" issue.

Could be something else, of course, but my test has the virtue of being quick--and absolutely free.:thumbsup:

Thank you I'm having a electrical issue involving the reverse and driver side stop lights?

Mine had that same issue, I can't for the life of me remember what it was. ffuuuuu

Well I hope you remember what it was! I don't want to strip the wires of the rear lamp harness

Edited by 1994lumina

Classic plates are only for show cars on there way to and from a car show or maintenance appointment, not for DDing. If you get pulled over for DDing a car with antique plates you can have them taken from you and get stuck with a nice fine.

Classic plates are only for show cars on there way to and from a car show or maintenance appointment, not for DDing. If you get pulled over for DDing a car with antique plates you can have them taken from you and get stuck with a nice fine.

Those laws I feel are used very loosely around here(I'm sure most everywhere). I see cars all the time in the nice weather with antique plates. I've never heard a story of someone getting pulled over and assessed on the usage of their classic car. I can see an insurance company getting peeved if the mileage sky rockets over the limit in between policies, but that's about it.

I wanna try and get classic plates on my car next yr. See what qualifies and what restrictions I have. But all in all, those laws arent really enforced anywhere. At least not that Ive seen.