maybe i could get some help with my 1990 tgp brakes.

Tylerlp0

Ok so i am fully aware that the pm3 system isnt the greatest but at the same time i really dont want to have to swap it all out for vacuum brakes. so here is whats happening... the anti lock light on the cluster does nothing but flash and the brake pedal does this thing where it wont fully "relieve" and it stops just befor it hits the switch to turn off the brake lights and ill have to pull it up with my foot. once i do that though it doesnt just flop down and it stays. this gets frustrating because i forgot to do it a couple times and my battery would die. so does anyone know what might be up with that? thanks

Flashing usually means that the accumulator is depleted.

listen carefully to how often the pump motor runs.

Does the brake pedal work/return just short of triggering the brake lamp switch off? If that's all it is you may be able to just readjust the brake lamp switch, do some searches for directions, kinda a pain to do though. helps if you have a little hook pick to get at it.

Do you have any means of getting a scanner to read the trouble codes from the system?

yes the brake pedal works and everything, but it just stops right before the brake and cruise switchs. also i noticed last night that the anti lock light doesnt flash when you first start it, it only starts doing it once you push on the brake pedal and then stays on the whole time after that. to me it sounds like the pump runs just about everytime i push down on the pedal.

If the pump motor is running that often your accumulator is almost positively bad.

A simple readjust of the brake lamp switch should fix the brake lamps problem.

I'd still track down someone with a scantool to check it out once repairs are complete.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with a part number or a source for an accumulator? I keep being told to check Ebay and Amazon, but all I find is Buick GN accumulator. I don't know if they are the same.

The guy I bought mine off of on ebay does not have any for sale right now, i'll have to check my paperwork from it and see if there are any part numbers.