Water Sloshing Around(!)

ILoveSun

For the last couple of days I've been hearing water sloshing as I would turn. I opened the trunk and felt the vinyl compartment the top stows in and sure enough, it had water in it(!).

Today I finally figured out that if I got in the back seat I could look down into that area and sure enough, about a gallon of water was back there! I took a beach towel and dried it out, but here's my question:

My quarter window rubber seals are chewed up from the top, so would this be letting the water into that area, or do I have much more serious issues with my top?

I was feeling around my rear window and noticed that across the top of the rear window section (the fabric area abovevthevglass) it is attached to the main top in the center and sides, but on each side at the top, there is a section about a foot across where I can actually push my hand through into the interior. Is this normal? All the edges are finished and there are no visible tears in that area.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

I've got a 95, parked outside, so the stow would get water in it often. I bought a used drain online, added a T to the antenna drain, now I don't have to worry about it anymore. It was easy for me because we use similar tubing at my job (lab equipment manufacturer) so I have tons of tubing and fittings.