How hard is it to change the power window motor on the rear windows of a 94 vert?

Nas Escobar

Well, I assume all verts are the same, but if not - how hard would it be to swap out the window motor on a 94 cutty? It's the rear left (Driver's) window. I went out one day and the window decided not to go down. I assume it is the motor since I can hear clicking whenever I press either the driver's switch or the actual window switch. By that sound, I can tell that it's not the fuses, and I can almost eliminate a wiring problem. Anyways, to swap it out, how hard would it be?

Not that easy but not that hard. I just attempted to do this the other day. You have to drill out the rivots holding the regulator in. Then you need to rock it back and forth in order to get the arm out of the groove at the base of the window. There are 3 bolts that hold motor to regulator...2 of mine were brown, causing the motor to sit crooked, and the gear on back didn't line up with the regulator. All I ended up doing was replacing the bolts and that fixed my problem.

I had a an issue finding a motor. I ordered a driver side rear after being told that it was the same. It wasn't. It was mirror image of what I needed. So I ended up needed a pass side rear from a sedan for the driver side of my convert. Motor looked the same, except for 2 problems. the plug wasn't the same, and the gear/sprocket on the back that drives the regulator was too thick. It was the right diameter, but when I bolted it in, the gear pressed so hard against the regulator mounting plate that it couldn't turn. I didn't want to ruin the regulator by bashing it with a hammer to make room for the gear of the motor, so I just put the old motor back in with the new bolts and returned the new motor. Let me know how you turn out. A few smart raps on the motor in there might free it up for another few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I've been busy with work lately, but I thought I should update....

The window fixed itself. I was driving on a real bumpy road, and next thing I knew, the window went down. The motor hasn't gotten stuck again, so all is well I assume?

• 2 weeks later...