Gen 1.5 (Monte Carlo) seats in a Gen 1 (1994) W body

Nas Escobar

Well, I know everything Gen 1 will interchange with each other... for better or worse, but can the 95-99 Lumina/Monte Carlo stuff interchange with the 88-97 Cutlass/Grand Prix/Regal and previous gen Lumina? I'm moreso concerned about the seats... as I have found a nice set of Monte Carlo seats. The tracks seem to be the same, as far as i can tell, but I'm not so sure about the seats swapping... I can tell the back seats won't swap without major modification (especially mine considering it has rear bucket seats), but I've found the Cutlass seats to be really tiring and lack back support. With that said, can this be done, or am I just dreaming?

They should. Nearly everything is identical between 1st gen and 1.5 gen. 1.5 gen is effectively a 1st gen with new sheetmetal, in a nutshell, from what I've come to gather.

They should. Nearly everything is identical between 1st gen and 1.5 gen. 1.5 gen is effectively a 1st gen with new sheetmetal, in a nutshell, from what I've come to gather.

Gen 1.5s also got rid of the monoleaf spring and have coil springs in the back. That's about the only difference I can think of.

Gen 1.5s also got rid of the monoleaf spring and have coil springs in the back. That's about the only difference I can think of.

As far as I know, Gen 1.5 has coils in the back, it has dual airbags, it's ODB2 compliant, the seat belts are no longer in the door, and the door handles on the coupe are no longer pillar mounted. Don't know if I missed anything else.