GPX

It's been three years since I was active on the forum and although I still have my handle and login info, my history and posts are gone, so I might as well be a newbie. I worked on the original W-Body Advanced Design Team at Fisher Body in '82/'83.

My first W was a red '96 2-door Cutlass Supreme S which I loved. Ended up dropping a 3.4 (not an LQ) in it, but then one of the trailing arm anchors rusted through and I stupidly got rid of it. The I got a 2001 GPGT which has been nothing but trouble (and all but killed my enthusiasm for Ws) and I hope to be rid of it this year.

i've had my eye on a car in town for a while. It's a 1st Gen 4-door GP in bright blue. I believe it has under 100k miles. It seems to be in very good condition inside and out but I haven't had a chance to go over it with a fine-tooth comb yet. I heard the guy wants. $3500 for it! I thought I'd offer $2000. That's what KBB says it's worth.

I worked on the original W-Body Advanced Design Team at Fisher Body in '82/'83.

neat.

we don't have you to "thank" for the pillar mounted handles on the coupes, do we?

No, Robert. I was working on interior trim, but that didn't come out much better than the exterior door handles! I didn't make it to prototype, pre-production, or production phases of the project. I was working on the "side aperture" meaning the molding around the doorway, the kick-panel, and the carpet retainer. We were supposed to be designing to a no-screws-showing standard. I never felt like the carpet retainer was going to work without screws, no matter how fancy we made those clips!. Turns out the production cars had LOTS of screws showing. And parts falling off!

Welcome back. I, for one, LOVE the pillar door handles. I love how it cleans up the looks of the car...but they could've been made stronger.

I can't believe other manufactures haven't copied the design.