New member.

yetilikesbeer

Hello everyone. Just figured I should join since I have 3 first gen w's and looking at a fourth next week. '94 GTP current commuter, '92 Z34 bought it because it has a good 284, and my old '91 GTP auto (dropped a valve at 7000 rpm, there was chunks of aluminum embeded in the air cleaner!) I might repair it but the rust is starting to come through above the body kit, we will see.

I also have quite a few other vehicles. To many to list. My 2010 powerwagon is my baby, the 94 GTP helps offset the fuel economy a bit.

Thanks for reading. Chad Jager

Just my trucks and my old 1991 GTP with the blown motor. I'm a youtuber and in the habit of video taping instead of taking pictures. I have unlisted videos of them on youtube if you really want to see them I can post the links.

The '94 GTP is pretty beat up at 390,000kms. The '92 z34 isn't bad except for the driver side front quarter, someone dented it and looks like it was rattle canned. The engine needs work, but it's got the 284.

The one I'm hoping to look at next week might be decent enough to fix up. '92 GTP w/284 (but the tranny is damaged?). We will see.

So here are my w cars.

This is my 1994 GTP. It is my current commuter car. Bought it last October for $750.00 off the second/fourth owner. Has power leather, HUD and sunroof. It's a little rough but it has 390,650 kms in these pics. Runs strong prob sitting at 80%, needs a tune up the guys sister, owner three, ran it into the ground. I've put 12,000 kms on it so far. The second tranny is starting to act up? 107,000 kms on it.

post-8402-143689128397_thumb.jpg

This is my z34, 1992 with the 284. I have been looking for a 284 car for a while. This one popped up in Feb, I had the money and the time so I went and picked it up. I don't know what I will do with it yet? It runs but has issues. The clutch is slipping. The front drivers quarter panel is in bad shape.

post-8402-143689128433_thumb.jpg

Here is my old '91 GTP. Bought it in 2003. Drove it for a year until I dropped a valve at redline. There was aluminum embedded into the air cleaner. HUD, electric/pneumatic seats. After the motor blew I had it in the yard with the hood down and not latched, a gust of wind blew it open. The hood hit the windshield which pulled my fenders up. Bent alot of sheetmetal. I was going to fix it until that happened.

post-8402-14368912847_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128384_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128409_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128421_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128446_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128458_thumb.jpg

Well as I mentioned in my first post I was looking at a 4th w. I was hoping it would have been in better shape but I bought it anyways, the guy was going to crush it. He wanted his rims and altenator. Through my old cavalier rims on it, removed the altenator (what a mother*&$^er) and paid him the $300.00.

It has the 284 but it is damaged. It does run but there is some valvetrain noise. ?? There isn't a rev limiter on it, hit 8000 rpm baggin it around the yard, will have to see if there is a chip in it. Has HUD and the pneumatic cloth seats (they don't work). Lots of electrical issues so far?

post-8402-143689129013_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689128999_thumb.jpg

Well as I mentioned in my first post I was looking at a 4th w. I was hoping it would have been in better shape but I bought it anyways, the guy was going to crush it. He wanted his rims and altenator. Through my old cavalier rims on it, removed the altenator (what a mother*&$^er) and paid him the $300.00.

It has the 284 but it is damaged. It does run but there is some valvetrain noise. ?? There isn't a rev limiter on it, hit 8000 rpm baggin it around the yard, will have to see if there is a chip in it. Has HUD and the pneumatic cloth seats (they don't work). Lots of electrical issues so far?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12585[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12586[/ATTACH]

If you ever want to sell the taillights off of that... :thumbsup:

Thank you for saving a blue 5 speed from the crusher!

and welcome to the forum :thumbsup:

Thanks No wreckers close? Or are the lenses without the black hard to find?

We'll see, I prefer the other style, just to lazy to ship. The rear suspension on it is in pretty good shape compared to my other 2 GTP's. I want to see what the body/floors look like for rust. Then pull the motor and tranny and see how bad they are. Missing quite a few bolts on the motor mounts? The guy said this was the 4th altenator (has an oil leak that keeps takin them out)?

Thanks No wreckers close? Or are the lenses without the black hard to find?

We'll see, I prefer the other style, just to lazy to ship. The rear suspension on it is in pretty good shape compared to my other 2 GTP's. I want to see what the body/floors look like for rust. Then pull the motor and tranny and see how bad they are. Missing quite a few bolts on the motor mounts? The guy said this was the 4th altenator (has an oil leak that keeps takin them out)?

I can never find the clear tails and if I do they're cracked or something

If you're going to fix it up that sounds like a lot of work, but I'm sure this forum can help :thumbsup:

Hope so. The guy who posted the blue one didn't use a picture of that car in the ad, slippery devil. I already drove that far so I cut his price down and bought it any way, never hurts to have any 284 car if you have the room (what is it 1 of 499 coupes in '92). I'll see what it looks like under the body kit, dam salt? My black one isn't bad but the fenders and hood are NFG.

I plan to reuse the engine, tranny, computer, harness, dash and steering on all my GM FWD cars that cannot be fixed. I'll part out the rest.

But I do want a nice one as a daily. Been looking for a TGP but there isn't very many in western Canada. When I get serious I check out the for sale section again and head to the states.

There is a nice '91 284 Lumina for $3000 in Calgary right now but I have ordered 4500 in tools and gotta pay for them. Plus the wife would shoot me (I've bought 4 beaters since Feb)

intern8tion9l
My tgp looks like death under the body cladding

Yah. Atleast there is enough steel to hold it on. The salt up here gets behind the body kit and destroy's the sheetmetal.

Once I have time to check the '92's we will see. I work 1 week in 1 out. On the way home last Wed I think I seized a rod bearing on the '94. Now I'm stuck with the Quad 4 untill I fix something else. I tried the Lumina but it does some wierd shit, need some time.

I was counting on the wifes '06 civic as a spare (she can drive the PW) but Tues. it started blowing coolant out of the motor. Pulled the starter hoping for a frost plug or head gasket but found a mother*&$^ing crack in the block. So she needed the truck and the Beretta was the closest to passing the mech inspection that is good on fuel.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well that Quad 4 has pretty much drove me nuts, half my fault. I need it replaced before winter. It needs work and I don't want to do anymore to it.

I found this about a month ago, it already has rust so the winter shouldn't bother it. 1995 Monte Carlo. Brown leather with factory CD.

post-8402-143689139978_thumb.jpg

It only has 167,000 kms but there are issues with the tranny. If it gets worse I'll drop in a different one. Picked it up about 1.5 months ago for $850.00 so the price was good. It was nice and clean under the hood and the motor is strong.

I should have did a video last weekend. I fired up the '94 with the blown up motor to move it from the farm yard to the field, WOW. That thing sounded angry, knockin and smoking but made it another .5 mile. Could smell burning oil and antifreeze, I hope the block is still good!! Might strip it down next year, no time right know.

post-8402-143689139963_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689139993_thumb.jpg

• 9 months later...

Bump.. For an update or two.

Well towards the end of April it finally happened. The Beretta is wrote-off and I'm free of it (driving on the road anyway). I hit a wolf, I sh%t you guys not a wolf, with it and the wolf I hit cartwheeled in the air a knocked a second wolf into the ditch with it.

post-8402-143689163065_thumb.jpg

It died shortly after the pic. A waste but no way of avoiding them, they jumped the inside gaurdrail on a corner and I hit the first one before I could touch the brakes. The car still made it the rest of the way to work (70 km) and back home again (430 km) after the shift. 4400 hundred to repair lol. Insurance gave me 1750 after the deductible and I kept it with a salvage title.

I am now driving my white Monte Carlo that I posted pictures of previously. Needs the LIM gasket done and drive is half cooked. But it's nice to have a smooth ride again even if it burns more fuel. The Beretta's may be nimble creatures but they are rough.

I picked up this '95 Monte for 300. It is miled out with a blown motor but it ran long enough to test the tranny. Good enough for the whit MC. I'll swap it when it gets worse, the Lucas Tranny Fix is working for now. The radio antenna was knocked off the white car and I assume the previous owner gutted the trunk after some water got in there. I moved the trunk lining over to the white car and replaced the antenna. I also had to rob a rear trailing arm as I would assume they hooked a chain to it.

post-8402-143689163078_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689163047_thumb.jpg

Edited by yetilikesbeer

EDIT -- SOLD!! A 1994 Grey Lumina z34 just poped up on Kijiji in Edmonton Alberta Canada.

I would have bought it to save it but I bought a clean Beretta GTZ last Thursday and my wife would shoot me if I bought another car.

I know it's not a W but for the price and the shape I couldn't pass it up. 1990 Beretta GTZ. 3 year old paint. Partially siezed 2.3 Quad 4 HO. Comes with a running (questionable, stored under the deck) Quad 4 HO to swap in and a spare tranny (remember that I have some recently available parts, hehe). It was the amazingly rust free undercarage that sold me, hard to find up here in Canada. The Beretta's are rough but for a fwd they can carve like a ba$tard, and have some giddy up and go.

post-8402-143689163131_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689163097_thumb.jpg

post-8402-143689163116_thumb.jpg

Edited by yetilikesbeer

Doesn't look too bad. There was one of the HO quad four engines in a yard near me a few weeks ago. Spencer (scoobydoo82) was thinking about snagging it for his fiero, but I don't think that was more than a fun idea

Nice! Shoulda just bought my monte :lol: coulda left the beretta as a partial payment

I wish I didn't live so far away.

I've been looking for a 284 for the blue GTP since I bought it and nothing close. One for a grand at a wreckers in Sask. Some in the Western states. More your way in Ontario and South of the border. There was a guy in Ontario that had a bunch of parts pic'd tp swap his MC to a manual for 850 bucks but the shipping sunk that idea.

I guess someone on here may be interested in the parts. I have his email. Working 284 with aftermarket clutch shifter cables etc. He wanted 850 for the lot.

If I pull anything from the States it will be a TGP first. Me wanty.

Doesn't look too bad. There was one of the HO quad four engines in a yard near me a few weeks ago. Spencer (scoobydoo82) was thinking about snagging it for his fiero, but I don't think that was more than a fun idea

Decent power to weight ratio but they are noisey. The price was right on this one, mechanical work doesn't slow me down, it's the bodywork that I can't do. Plus if I fix this I can rally a 5 spd again (I don't want to wreck my good 284 until I have a spare). 2 months in an auto and I'm going nuts.

I don't think I saw the last few updates! Sorry to hear about your Beretta, but the replacement(s) don't look too bad! Deals for the price IMO.