Onto the Next subject

redgrandprix

ok well i downloaded tunerpro for free(?) from moates, i opened it up and i don't even know where to start, i also hooked up my laptop to the emulator through the usb while having wifi and it downloaded device driver software but nothing popped up so i have no idea what the device driver was. is this basically what roberts cable is? https://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl1-p-127.html?cPath=64

you need tunerpro RT V.5, latest update. so you may need to uninstall that and get the right version. I would just pay the little bit of cash and get registered...

Edited by Garrett Powered

i gotcha, i emailed the tech support at moates, the guy said that v1 ostriches don't have datalogging capabilities but i did find through a search a turbo mopar thread that explains how to copy the tune from an emulator if for instance it was lost on your computer but saved into the emulator, so i may be able to get the tune once he emails me back what i need to get to run the emulator, i think i need this http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadUtils.htm

here is the link from turbo mopar http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?31181-How-To-Ostrich-Emulator

i'm assuming this information is correct

Edited by redgrandprix

i'm not datalogging yet, i need to buy stuff to change oil and sparkplugs before i get a cable. atleast this way i can hopefully get the tune without screwing up my car and send it too you so you can look at it.

alright how do i work this? i think i got everything, i downloaded both definitions for tgps from tunerpro, which do i use and how do i properly set up tunerpro after opening it? what is bin and what is xdf?

Edited by redgrandprix

ok, i used emutility from tunerpro's site to attempt to save the tune from my emulator to laptop, i did as the turbo mopar thread said and it popped up file error no file found. does this mean the emulator doesn't have anything on it? the guy on mopar thread said it should bring up a window for save location but that obviously didn't happen.

yea it runs fine, it had an episode last night wanting to max out the wb gauge and killing itself for like 5 mins with a service engine soon light on but after i turned it back on it stopped and the light went away. its done this before so i'm almost positive its not related to the emulator, i'm going to email moates again and see what they think.

My 36# tune does that too right now. I just opened a bunch of compare bins and was looking through some now old stuff I had. I ended up ruining a date stamp on one bin. luckily its confined to one folder on one computer. now I have to do some organizing. means I will be pulling the 28# red car's bin and compare it and rename it "my28lbtgptune" and save it date stamped so I know what I am running. compare that file to a bunch of other BINs one by one, examining all the changes and comparing graphs. then if I make a change or two after reviewing my recent datalog, name it something else completely that way you don't mix it up with other files.

I also have a "tuning supplies" folder on the desktop next to the tunerpro chip icon that I can keep everything. I also have several 4 gig flash drives with the same folder. inside is BINs, XDLs, XDFs, TP key, etc.. then inside those more folders... for each car, and each tuner. and a good one would be the "current running BIN" folder. so if you don't tune for 6 months you know what you are running.

But once you get your BIN off there, you can safeguard it this way.

:twitch: thats a lot to take in... good news though i finally called the number i found for jeremy hansen (previous owner of my car) his wife answered he wasn't home but she took my name and number and is gonna have him call me back, she was pretty happy the car was still out there, i will finally know for sure whats been done to it! :willy_nilly: Edited by redgrandprix

i think if the tune isn't the optimum tune for the car ill just have a chip made and sell the emulator, it's confusing me and i think my questions are making the moates support guy mad

uhh, I would just keep it hooked up. especially if you want to make sure it's optimum first then datalog it. while on the dyno.

that equipment is what you want for working on your car. even more white shirt than what I got honestly. I have to wash my hands after flipping the ecm over and pulling the memcal. you just plug in a cord.