Onto the Next subject

redgrandprix

alright so a local streetracer is starting an annual event KC2K13, his friend who is in the tuning business is doing $50 3 pull A/F tunes before the event, i noticed in a post by the previous owner of my car that he said it needed to be tuned bad, but my dad is worried my trans won't be able to make it through 3 pulls on a dyno because of the modifications to the car, its got 98k miles what are your opinions?

the business is JUSTUNE, their facebook page has the profile pic of his truck which is red if anybody cares to look it up

i'm assuming he tunes the chip using the modifications of the car? i have an emulator this is why i'm asking because i want to know how the guy with the dyno would tune my car, through the emulator or through the chip or if it would even work

Anything wrong with trans? How is the engine running? What kind of mods? How often do you drive the car? Do you have any idea if it's running too rich or too lean?

i'm assuming he tunes the chip using the modifications of the car? i have an emulator this is why i'm asking because i want to know how the guy with the dyno would tune my car, through the emulator or through the chip or if it would even work

Yes, you just have to tell him what is done to the car (injectors, turbo, etc) I'd be FAR more inclined to work with him since he has experience with these than someone who has likely never seen or heard of a TGP before.

nothing wrong with the transmission that i can't tell it always shifts fine except sometimes when its cold it shifts a little harder but once its warmed up its fine, same with the engine it runs fine once its idled for a few minutes otherwise the throttle is touchy and the car thinks i'm trying to floor it, my wideband gauge starts at around 12.5-13 on cold mornings and usually goes up to 16 or 17 slowly as it warms up then once i start driving it stays right around 14.5, mods that were listed on the tgpforum website were as follows:

Engine:

Forged lower

Bored .30 over

P&P heads and intake

Bigger valves (Don't know exactly what size.)

9:1 Compression

Comp Cams (Custom ground for the set-up. Would have to look up specs.)

1.6 Rockers

Triple wound springs

165 thermostat

Turbo:

GT28RS T3 Flange .63 A/R

Jeff M Crossover

Stock exhaust no mufflers

Seqentual BOV

E-boost2 Boost controller

Cone on turbo filter

Maxin 13.5 #'s

Fuel:

36# injectors (29# on run)

Walbaro 255 fuel pump (stock on run)

Misc.

Jeff M TG160 (slightly modded)

3 Bar Mapp (2 bar on run)

I have everything to tune with, I just don't know where to begin. I have read alot of stuff, but alot of it doesn't make any sense.

Emulator

Tuner pro RT

Chip burner

Innovate Motorsports Wide band

Does anybody have a bin file thats close to what I have? Then all I have to do is tweak. Does anybody want to help me tune, or live close to KC. Please I need some help

*this is what he posted awhile back looking for help to tune but this also raises questions to my mind if i have the 255 fuel pump and which injectors did he have on the car when he sold it, also the highest boost my friend saw on the different settings of the boost controller was 11.5 in wot

Edited by redgrandprix

the guy who did my exhuast said i had a transmission leak around the seal because of over torqued and undertorqued bolts but its not a huge leak just kind of a glaze over and around the transmission pan, on my to do list

forged lower? what type of rods, pistons and rings? just curious, that could be possibly pretty bad ass then.

I would be able to compare the tune with the top gun file to see what changes if you e-mail it to me.

i have no idea my dad said forged lower could mean a forged crank, how would i email it to you? i wouldn't know where to begin to get the tune onto my computer

you would have to find out exactly how first so you don't erase it or something. you will probably be using the chip burner. they read and write.

with my pocket programmer 2, I plug the memcal on top of it and "move buffer" and "save buffer". then its on my computer.

I imagine the process being similar but you would probably have to research it over at Moates website or something.

I wouldn't worry about that until you get used to datalogging the car, if you haven't been doing that already.

i have not been datalogging, i know a good amount about cars of this body style and f body platform but i am lost when it comes to the tuning and electronics side of things, i think to even use the ostrich i need the software for it on my computer and i don't have that and can't figure out how to find it on moates, but like i said even if i had the software i wouldn't have a clue what i was doing

nobody is born with the ability, usually you must learn it first..... I started in 2008, but should have started way sooner.

I'm going to need help to learn how to datalog, i would ask questions but i don't know what to ask. what exactly does datalogging allow you to do?

soon as I get caught up on a few things I will try and make a video of the modern day datalogging process. its like having a sophisticated diagnostic instrument such as a heart monitor for your car.

that would help alot, also my innovate a/f gauge has a little button that says "rec" next to it, i'm assuming that meens record? i feel like this is something else i'm missing the software for but i'm not even sure how that gauge would hook up to my computer. how does the car hook up to the computer? through the obd1 outlet thing or something else?

My AEM A/F gauge I bought for my truck(still need to install...) has wires for a serial data connection, but I'm not familiar with Innovate's gauge. It might have on-board memory for logging a/f, but you'll obviously need a computer or some way to access that data.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/74972-new-datalogger

there is a starting point for you. I have a thread about my new inexpensive netbook. in the group buy section there is Robert's cable which you will need.

you can datalog with innovates software if you want. I have everything for that, and did actually do it before, but the WB signal can be fed into the datastream through the ECM and logged with all the other engine data. makes it far more useful. I have another thread somewhere describing how to do that.

I have a fairly new laptop, 2 or 3 years old that came with windows 7, i'm assuming it will run datalogging fine, what is roberts cable? i can't seem to find in group purchases or under a search.

is it possible i could do all this through my emulator? have an ostrich in my engine bay with a high speed usb cord coming through the firewall on the passenger side. i think if i hook my laptop up too it while connected to wifi my computer can look for the software needed.

:shrug: I have never used one.

I think the only reason you really need one of those is for tuning on the fly. never really looked into it though.

I know you don't "need" that to datalog.

ok well i downloaded tunerpro for free(?) from moates, i opened it up and i don't even know where to start, i also hooked up my laptop to the emulator through the usb while having wifi and it downloaded device driver software but nothing popped up so i have no idea what the device driver was. is this basically what roberts cable is? https://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl1-p-127.html?cPath=64

I have both. I had that one first, before you could get them made by our own Robert Saar for half that. I personally like Robert's one a bit better.