How do I remove a power window sw. ass'y on a 1994 Cutlass Conv.

Redpine

How do I get the power window switch out of the door panel, I've read that the rear of the switch prys up and the front is hooked under panel. I tried prying up but am afraid I might break it. Both rear power windows don't work, which leads me to believe that they aren't gettting power. Neither the drivers rear window switch or the rear seat switches work. Thanks for any help....Redpine

You've got it right...I forget where exactly the clips are but you just have to be brave and pry on an edge to start bringing it up... I've had mine out a few times...

Agree, I have taken both my driver and passenger side out. They pry out pretty easily and you won't break anything. I didn't either time. I am having a hard time with my lock switches not working on either side. Is there a fuse that could be bad? But, my key fob locks my doors. What the heck?

You've got it right...I forget where exactly the clips are but you just have to be brave and pry on an edge to start bringing it up... I've had mine out a few times...

Be careful when prying at the switch. I think it's clipped in towards the back and the front end has a hook on it. They aren't too hard to get out.

I've had a bad driver window switch and it didn't allow me to use any of the other switches in the car. After I took it apart and solder all of the joints in it. It's been working great.

Thanks for the tips.......I got it out, you have to pry at the back, I used a paint can opener and it popped out. Now need to figure why the back windows don't work, I hear a clicking under the dash when I push the down buttons, any ideas where I go from here? To gain access to the back seat window switches do I need to take off the panel or do these pop out?

I had this exact same problem with my first vert.

I took out the rear ashtrays and took a long strong arm and hit the window motor a few times while trying the switch. This freed up the window but eventually it frooze up again after sitting for awhile.

Give this "free" fix a try and let us know how it goes.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. My driver's side rear window has never worked since we got the car. I haven't touched a thing, but I think I'll try that "tapping on the motor trick". It looks like a lot has to be removed just to get to the window motor.

• 5 months later...