Back in the game 90 TGP

djsmallz18

Just picked up my 3rd TGP for $3k. It's a red 90 with a solid body and 118k. I've owned a Smokey & Bandit TA & an 80 Formula, but the TGP has always had a special place in my heart. Sold the last one in '05 and have regretted it ever since. Finally had the ability to get another one & drove from Ann Arbor, MI to Springfield, MA to get it! The body is solid, however will get some fresh paint before too much longer. Unfortunately, it had been sitting for a while and shortly after I bought it, the left rear brake line blew. The brakes still work, but are really hard. I've had a couple people look at it and they all say it needs a new master cylinder. I've been unable to find one so if anyone has one or knows where I could find parts or has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate it!

post-7328-143689096028_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Matt

Does the hydraulic brake pump run at all? If not, it may just need a pressure switch or a pump relay for the master cylinder.

Pressure switches are like hens teeth, relays are easier to find.

Not sure. Unfortunately its at a friend's shop tonight. He used to have one of these so he's looking it over for me at the moment. I'll have him check though and let you know. Thanks for the help!

Very nice. The last two TGP's that I bought were both in state. One in K-Zoo and the other in Canton. Hopefully if I need parts there are some closer than Massachusetts!