94 3800 Custom Coupe 65000 Second Owner

ringting

Good-day,

New to forum and open to being pointed towards knowledge of value. In exchange I will contribute what I learn.

Former vehicle was 89 Mercury Grand Marq. This was very educational. Own a couple of BMWs. I maintain my own vehicles since mechanics tend to be fast and dirty which impacts quality of outcome.

Vehicle info;

1994, 08/94 build

Model 4 WM57 [Coupe, Grand Touring, well equipped & seemly maintained (no records)]

current odometer 68,000 [so Cal location, stored in Carport]

Second owner, first was elderly woman

This is now a 100 miles a day car

Work Done since purchasing:

MAJOR interior cleaning since she was hardcore smoker with no A/C in house so on hot days ...

Oil change [oil filter was horror story since bubba installed with no oil on gasket, ended up drilling all around threaded area to relieve pressure]

Issues Faced (needing advice):

Rad leaking top right corner, slow at this point [probably will R & R, bulk of system question is pump]

Engine Shutters / Hesitates at 2100 - 2300 RPM when attempting to accerlate [probalby will do new plugs & wires]

Tools Available:

Helms Manuals

Manual wrenches

A number of years learning through doing things once based on understanding a proper job is a quality job!!

Thank you,

Ringting