1996 Grand Prix SE rear suspension swap questions

Danogsxr

I was wondering about swapping the rear from mono leaf to coils from lumina. :think: I searched the topic, but found nothing. Any info would be helpful. I work as a mechanic. I have never replaced a monoleaf, so was also wondering how to do it without gm's tool. My best guess was to drop all rear suspension off the car and go from there.

Its been done but as I recall the person who did it welded in complete rear strut towers from a lumina so it could bolt up.

That i way too much work for me. Guess ill just live with the mono leaf and replace it.

It's murky as they did not detail what they bought... but i do recall someone having done the same thing, but they used new 95+ lumina struts with springs (likely custom) to interface with the a stock type upper struts mount...

I was wondering about swapping the rear from mono leaf to coils from lumina. :think: I searched the topic, but found nothing. Any info would be helpful. I work as a mechanic. I have never replaced a monoleaf, so was also wondering how to do it without gm's tool. My best guess was to drop all rear suspension off the car and go from there.

Coilovers!