Swapping 2002 Interior into a 96

Identity_Crisis

I have the complete interior from a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition. It is in mint shape.

I just have never seen if anyone has put the newer model interior front and rear seats into the older -96 Grand Prix.

Any links to more information or someone that has done this?

I know the fronts should fit if swapped onto my 96 rails but the rears have me a bit confused if they would work.

I have the complete interior from a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Special Edition. It is in mint shape.

I just have never seen if anyone has put the newer model interior front and rear seats into the older -96 Grand Prix.

Any links to more information or someone that has done this?

I know the fronts should fit if swapped onto my 96 rails but the rears have me a bit confused if they would work.

I've seen it, and I believe John is right. The seats also become a tad high for the 1996 interior.

No chance in hell on the doors, you will need to butcher them.

BTW:

1996 GP: 4 screws to hold down seats (4 corners)

2002 GP: 2 screws at back, front is held in by two notches.

The seats even when hacked up to fit on the early rails are way too big and just not meant for he gen1 interiors, nothing about it fits right, been there, tired that.

hmmm. Bummer. That is why I asked. I was sure someone would have tried at some point. I guess I will keep looking for a leather interior for my GP then at the salvage yards..

hmmm. Bummer. That is why I asked. I was sure someone would have tried at some point. I guess I will keep looking for a leather interior for my GP then at the salvage yards..

I've seen one in an online add. It's been done and kept done.