Red Cutlass Supreme International

godofthunder

Hey yall. I may be acquiring another Cutlass soon, an International. Everything is there, quad buckets, HUD, wheels, etc. $300 from a older friend at work (they buy cars cheap, fix em, and sell em off, but since im a friend, i can get it really cheap). It has a 2.8, recently rebuilt, along with some recent tranny work. The only thing that is wrong supposedly right now is that a "de-ten" cable or something (with the tranny) isnt correctly ajusted. So the car doesnt shift right all the time. They put a new one on, just never adjuseted it right.

GF and I are going halfway (actually, i may buy it myself) and give to her. Im hoping this would not only be a bit more fuel efficient than her truck, but also beter in bad weather. It would also be a bit of a project.

I have a few questions.

1) Can someone post a pic of what a red international would look like? Or, were all 2-tone, and look like the one at the top of this page.

2) What all goodies come with an international? I know this has quad buckets, pie wheels, and a HUD. But what about a DIC, FE3, etc?

3) What kind of power/mileage are we looking at with a 2.8?

Jon

auto :(.

But, that and the engine recently were rebuilt. Supposedly $2500 was just spent in the car. The guy bought the body, then droped in the engine and tranny, etc.

Jon

autos dont have detents no need for them

he might mean the shift controller um that vaccume thing or a shift cable i guess

but i never hear of a detent on an auto

shift modulator?

Welcome to the $300 Olds International club. I think you're member #3?

There is a shift cable (TV cable) going to the throttle body. Adjust it by pressing down hard on the button of the round housing (under the drivers side of the plenum, might wanna tilt motor) then manually move the throttle body to WOT you'll hear it click into adjustment

ok, sounds easy enough. Ill tell that guy tongiht if i see him.

now, im really more intersted in the Internationals. What all should be with it?

I did have a ciera international once..but didnt seem anythign special. Theres a CS int near school...had HUD...but im currious...what else is there?

jon

ok, found out more...its just like shawns above, its red and silver. There is a bump on the door, but nothing bad.

The only bad thing, is since i found out about this...the guy hasnt gotten back to my friend. Oh well...hopefully. I still dont know if i want it, i dont need anything else...but i dont wanna give it up either...

jon

I just got a 89 red International like Shawns a couple of weeks ago. Its got the 2.8 5 speed in it. I was going to restore it back to stock condition but its frame and such was rusted. Whats bad is the body and interior is in good shape so im parting it out and using the parts on my other 2 good cutlass supremes. Its sad to have 4 cutlass supremes and the 2 International having to be used for parts cars. :roll:

Ok yall...jsut talked to the guy. I need to move on it quick, if i do it.

The trans wont shift into 3rd. It drops into neutral. He said that arround 3500 or 4000 rpm, you can push it right into 3rd, and then into OD. So, its driveable, just needs a new tranny, or atleast thats what my dad said.

What should I do? Its driveable. If i dont like it, i could part it, but are an of yall looking for Bucket seats, HUD, digi dash, etc?

Jon

ok

cant get it. No where to store. Im calling the guy tommrow to let him know. Its a shame i have to let it go, oh well, something else will come someday.

But...i think my friend may still hold on to it. I think he said he wanted to take the seats out, and put em in a truck he is doing. Im going to ask him if he plans to part the car, and see if i can get the wheels, HUD, dash, and some other stuff. Im going to sell it all. Does anyone need this stuff?

But, I have one question. How stupid would my car look with Int. wheels? i was thinking i could use them as snow tires (well, the tires on em), or just sell em off.

jon

But, I have one question. How stupid would my car look with Int. wheels? i was thinking i could use them as snow tires (well, the tires on em), or just sell em off.

jon

Why not just put them on your car, test them out and see what they look like?? It would only cost your time right? And if they don't look good, I'm sure there are guys on the board who would take them off your hands anyways!