Found my old 3.4 Prix

Justin

Well I found my old Grand Prix, slightly worse for wear than the last time I saw it. Here's a pic from a couple years ago.

212882_1_full.jpg

I was actually helping another friend of mine look for a car when I spotted it, without the 3.4 and trans. (the way to buy a 3.4 car if you ask me :lol: )

212882_10_full.jpg

Bought it originally for $650, sold it for $2250. I can buy it right now for $250, I'm probably going to. I have a 2.8/4T60 out of my old blue CS that would look pretty good in there, but there is some body damage now.

212882_12_full.jpg

I'd need to find another gold crosslace rim, get rid of the powermaster III bullshit, drop the 2.8 in there, I'd be set.

Or I could just part it out, would a 91 GP HUD work in a 89 CS? Obviously the dash pad parts won't but would the unit connect ok?

Well it was good to see the old girl again anyways, thought it was kinda cool.

Talk about getting the shit beat out of a car. I feel bad for your old car!

Actually my mom had an old GP like that, BEAUTIFUL car when she got rid of it, now it looks like shit and runs even worse. :evil:

how about swap the whole GP interior into the cutlass

The Grand Prix interior can't hold a candle to the CS interior, dash-wise anyways. Worthless glovebox, tiny climate control buttons, no digital gauges, dumb spot for wiper controls....

better than the Lumina, NO cupholders, TINY glove box, a 1 foot reach from full stretch of arms to climate controls and 6" from the radio, boring gauges, and lastly, having no interior lines coming anywhere close to meeting each other.

I cringed when I saw how the car is doing now... it kind of ruined my day. :cry: So sad...

take care of yours Cary so it does not end up like that one. :)

Monty

Ohhh you better believe I will!

Ya know, you sell your car expecting the next owner will take care of it.. and just look what happens!! It's like finding your cat/dog a good home.. You expect it to be in the same condition as you left it... ah well.

That's a damn shame. I see W-Bodies all the time that are in horrible shape. People need to take care of these vehicles. But I suppose it just goes to show that these cars hold up to some punishment! :roll:

how about swap the whole GP interior into the cutlass

The Grand Prix interior can't hold a candle to the CS interior, dash-wise anyways. Worthless glovebox, tiny climate control buttons, no digital gauges, dumb spot for wiper controls....

What about the seats, though? does the GP have rear buckets? you could swap those in.