What year is my engine?

roy1

Hi,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have an unusual situation and hope I'm in the right forum. I have just purchased the drive train package (front sub-frame from a 3.1 Buick-engine-trans-drive axels-wheels) and steering wheel (no car body). The previous owner believed it was from a Century model and was either a 94 or 96 model.

I've searched on line and called some parts dealers without any luck until I found this forum which I hope can shed some light on identifying this package.

Can anyone tell me how to identify the model and year for sure? Is there a VIN number some where on the engine? or some other useful codes? or? (hoping for something that doesn't require dismantling anything).

Thanks for the help

Roy

Yes there should be a vin on both the engine and trans if I'm not mistaken.... If you get that, we can tell you what it is. ALTHOUGH the Century wasn't a w-body until the 2000's.

Yes there should be a vin on both the engine and trans if I'm not mistaken.... If you get that, we can tell you what it is. ALTHOUGH the Century wasn't a w-body until the 2000's.

Thank you for your response...I have looked at the engine as best I could (Its hard to see much of it)..

Can you advise the specific location on the engine/trans where the VIN would be located?

Many thanks

Roy

Get us a photo of the setup if you can, and we'll be able to identify it for you.

There were 3 generations of the 3.1 (The 3.1 MPFI, the 3100, and later, the large port 3100)