1995 Pontiac Grand Prix

Kicker12"s

i have a 1995 pontiac grand prix se and my 6X9's are blown i tried to put new aftermarket 6X9's in it but didn't sound good at all i went to bestbuy and they told me its because i have a ac delco gold stock amp in the car and to just bypass the amp i did and none of the speakers worked at all (front and back) what can i do for 6x9's?

• 2 weeks later...

i never did i just by passed it by going right from the bach of the head unit but still have this problem

I have the same problem in the same car where did you find the amp?

I have 92 pontiac grand prix and i still have stock 6X9s in it and i have a 300 watt amp hooked up to it and it sounds clean. try disconnecting wires from speakers to head unit and throw in a new amp for highs so u can custom set sound to speaker from amp. also i have another 300 watt amp to front speakers and pushing two 12s with 3000 watt amp. going to get certified for car audio. If you dont want to throw a new amp in there, well first have you mess around with stereo settings? Im pretty sure you have so i would recommend new amp that out puts music threw component cables. that requires a wire hooked up from batt to back thats grounded. im pretty sure you get what im saying. YOUR NOT DUMB... GOOD LUCK

Im pretty sure there is no factory amp in that car. Even if there is I don't see why the aftermarket speakers wouldn't sound good if the factory speakers were 4ohm. Are you sure they are wired correctly?