• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve

• 94 olds vert

• jeremy

• ManicMechanic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My interior in the 94 is charcoal & I wonder if you can have the leather dyed, then I could put the buckets in the 95

Well, You have a darker color and you want to dye it lighter that might be hard to do. I've heard about people painting their leather.

I think you will also need to get the plastic piece that is behind the rear buckets in your 95. Since no 94s and down never came with tan. You won't be able to get that fill piece in the right color.

Thanks, I think I did ok, needs rear quarter panel fixed already have new tail light. Would like to try & get a new dash pad or fix old or just put a cover on it. One good thing is a SoCal car so no rust issues, the 94 had one rust spot behind the right rear wheel that I didn't catch when I bought it, & needed fixed.

Yeah the back panel could be painted and it would turn out pretty good. But I'm not sure about the leather. Then you would also have to put in a center console. That could be painted too.

I wonder if you could have the rear seats redone to look like original factory tan leather.

Yeah probably. I wonder if the front leather seat covers could be swapped to the rears?

If so you could probably buy a set of those cheap and put them on your self. I know I might be able to grab tan leather seat covers at the yard. If they ever have any.

blue 94 > teal green 95

most ANY color is better than the green.

Also, you could always make a custom job and have all the dark graphite seat parts installed... two tone!!!!

a couple of our planes have had the leather seats painted to touch them up. not even a color change, just touch ups in some wear spots and it sucks. it becomes sticky and collects dirt and stuff

Thanks for the info, I think the only way to do it & make it look right is new leather. One of those when I have the $$$ projects. The good thing about this whole situation is I now have a spare parts bin. (so long as the wife lets me keep two non running cars!!)

I'm not a real big green guy either but this green is real dark, almost to the point of looking black in certain light. I was never a big fan of the Aqua Blue was going to have it painted. I love that bronze on the 96 GPT & red is right their with it. But it really does'nt matter as long as it's a Wbody!!!

Yeah I'm looking forward to it. This is a much better shape car than my 94 but I also paid twice as much.

Geico lowballed me on the 94 only offered me $1700 I feel they should at least give me $2000 & the car so the fight is on but I'll probably end up with the $1700 & the car.

Your new car looks really nice. And I like the Green exterior color of the car. Tan inside on the other hand not so much. But nice car regardless. And im sure that you would enjoy your 95' compared to the 94'.

Actually I think the tan & red looks the best but this green is so dark (almost black) I think it looks great (different strokes for different folks:))

The car ran great on the 240 mile trip back, two prob. one I knew about AC not working ( already added some freon & works great) & cruise control not working. I think probably vacuum line off somewhere will work on that today. Car feels real tight compared to the other but with just 55000 on it, it should. I think the top is OEM much heaver material than other car & much quieter. The stereo kicks butt compared to the 94 & I think I'll just throw a blu-tooth unit in it rather than replacing it.

Sorry your 94 got hit. I hate it when any W gets wrecked and I really hate it when it's a vert.

Your new 95 looks great. My 95 is the same color combo as yours so I'm a little partial to the green/tan/tan myself. Glad you made the drive back safely.