Hey guys, need some suggestions...

gtr252

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I own a '94 Cutlass Supreme with a 3.4L, bright red, a couple of cheap appearance upgrades, and I've got plans for it. I really want to do some mods to it mainly because it would be such an original car, don't see a decked out Olds everyday. Anyways, here's a couple of ideas I had, wanted some opinions.

First, go look at my website ( http://members.sounddomain.com/gtr252 ) and tell me what ya think about what I've done so far :D

Next, I plan on repainting the car myself. Haven't quite decided on what type of paint, but it will remain red. Also going to be dressing up the engine REALLY well. Any suggestions on that would be cool too.

Now I wanna know what the BEST way to lower the car is. I believe Eibach makes springs that will fit on the front of the car, but what about the rear? I'm still kinda unclear from what this webpage says.

Also, I don't have too much money to blow off on my car, so I'm going to try gutting out the catalytic converter on the exhaust and hope it gets a bit more of a growl in the sound of it. Is it true that the sound could change? Would it even sound good? Hopefully someone can answer me on that one.

I would REALLY like to convert my car to ram-air. Any tips on making a small hood scoop over the existing airbox location and cutting into the hood?

That's all I can think of right now. Anyone feel free to email me or message me on AIM (KARCENOGEN) and hopefully I can make up my indecisive mind on the car! Thanks!

Thanks on the comments, unfortunately the '89 will not be with us for much longer, mom bought a '94 Cadillac SLS and has decided to sell her Cutlass. Oh well, I get a brand new set of tires off of her car to put onto mine :D

Brian, if you went to the website to see my car, it is really much more glorified on the site. In real life, my car has been backed into twice, has scratches all over the paint, a dent from lord knows what (there when i bought it), and chips all over the hood from someone driving down the interstate too close to a dump truck. I am going to repaint the car, mainly becuase I can do it for less than $100.

I guess I don't need to know what's going to happen to the exhaust whenever I gut out the catalytic converter. I plan on doing that tonight whenver I get off work. Right now, Carolyn is begging me to tell everyone that I am in the computer lab at school, so here I am typing that in. Anyways, anyone come up with a way to lower the rear of the car?

Matt has a really nice car! It's definately a RED car! And it is definately much faster than my Eclipse! But mine's cuter than Matt's! By far... Carolyn's car is a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse (color: aqua). It has a Gator's license tag in the front, which makes it have a nice little RING to it! :) Well I guess I better get goin! I luv ya'll!! Bye - Carolyn & Elissa

as for lowering it, go to Fastfwdperformance.com. Michael has a full kit for sale on that page. it uses custom rear coilovers and front suspention Techniuqes lowering springs. thats the way to go. I currently am saving for the rear coilovers. they are very high quality.

Shane

Nice job. The same way you did your car red I am doing my entire interior in the factory Teal to match my paint. I have a 1993 Convertible and so far it is looking amazing. Perfect match to the outside. Should be very nice when I finish.

car1.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, unfortunately the gutting of the cat didn't quite have the results I expected. Starting it up with the exhaust disconected from right before the cat back sounded GREAT!! Putting the rest of the exhaust on, not quite so great, but not too bad... Gonna run down to Maxi Muffler and see if they can put a piece of straightpipe on in place of it. Gotta love Tennessee for not having inspections! Also, anyone have any other suggestions for trying to get that nice, deep sound the exhaust had with most of the piping disconnected? Maybe something with the resonator? I'm pretty much trying to keep from buying a high performance exhaust and still have a good sounding exhaust. I've thought about rebuilding it and buying new mufflers for cheap, those I can get from work.

Anyways, the Olds rocket emblem should be found at about any graphics store that deals with vinyl tape. Mine was $35 for the front and the same for the rear, not a bad price for such a noticable upgrade.

Hey...i am able to get me a set(2) for free. the only thing is that they are different inlet/outlet....and much thinner. Could this still work? Id love to have em on my car

Jon

Ps - oh...its a 96 cutlass supreme, sedan

Finally got my undercar neons working! And after all that time I thought I had 2 that were busted out. Anyone know of a way to get a broken bolt out of the piece of pipe that holds my cat. to the rest of my exhaust? I broke it out :x and dont know of any way to take it out other than to hotwrench it out... don't wanna do that. Still tryin to save up some money for my exhaust, might take a while... got bad money probs.