Saying Hello: Newbie with a Rare '94

johnnyride

Hey all. I just wanted to say Hello. I just bought my third Cutlass Supreme Vert (the other two have long been sold), a 1994 Black/White/White. It looks like it's 1 of 19, which is quite cool. It's on a truck on it's way to me. It's had a few owners, but only 72,000 miles. I wish I'd kept all the spare parts I had from years ago, but, such is life. One odd thing that I've never seen before is the fake wood trim. Has anyone ever encountered that before? Here's a couple of pics.

post-6079-14368906355_thumb.jpg

post-6079-143689063553_thumb.jpg

post-6079-143689063556_thumb.jpg

Very nice color combo. I have seen that fake wood trim before, it looks pretty cheap and I really don't care for it much.

Edited by 94 olds vert

Very nice color combo. I have seen that fake wood trim before, it looks pretty much and I really don't care for it much.

I'm not into it either, so when it arrives, I'll see what it will take to remove, but I don't want to hurt the car.

Welcome to the forum. Thats a great color combo. I've not seen pics of this combo or seen one in person before.

I am a fan of the wood trim, but only if it's on the right vehicle. It looks out of place on your vehicle just because of your color combo. I've always thought the tan interiors, particularly with dark green metallic paint, would make a great backdrop for wood trim if it's done correctly.

Use a product called 'undo' to remove the stickers without damaging the interior surfaces.

Where did you find this car? It's beautiful!

Thanks for the advice and compliments on the car. I actually found it in Missouri at a Chrysler dealer. It had been in that area all of it's life. It was a trade-in that the dealer decided to keep. He was asking more, but dropped it down so I jumped. I found it on AutoTrader. I'd never seen this combo either, but always knew they existed. I need a sixth car like I need another hole in my head, but I couldn't resist. :)

None are Olds, although I've had 2 other Cutty Verts. I have a 1978 Ford LTD II with T Tops, a 1981 Chrysler Cordoba Convertible, a 1986 Camaro Contempo Cantara GT (kit), a 2006 Mustang GT Convertible that I'm turning into a Torch Red California Special (which was never a possibility) and a 2011 Ford Edge Sport. Pics of the old cars are on my Flickr site, just seach for thejohnnyride. All of the classics are quite rare. There are only a few of the Global Coach Cordobas and LTD II t-tops left and they only made 4 of the Cantara GT's. They made a bunch of the Contempos. If you are curious, this is what a Cantara GT looks like (with modern wheels and IROC hood).

post-6079-143689063652_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnnyride
typo

• 1 month later...
very nice color combo and looks to be in pretty nice shape....too bad it's not a '95 though.

Thanks. I actually like the '94s because of the quad buckets.

Looks like a nice car and it appears you aren't that far from me. I would love to check out the Camaro if I ever get up that way.

No problem. Drop me a PM when you are around. And as an FYI...no more fake wood interior in the car. It took a while, but all gone!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the kind words. The Cutlass looks better now. I got rid of the fake wood and did some repair on the flapping HVAC/Ashtray surround. No more flapping. All I need to do now is some bolster repair on the driver seat. Any one have an extra white seat cover?

And here's a pic of the Doba Vert..

post-6079-143689070362_thumb.jpg

mine had a 318. not a vert though. 1980 I think.

someone bashed it with their car one night. we field raced it after that because it wasn't street legal after the trunk smashed in from that hit and run.

that winter it froze this huge parking lot and we had that thing doing cookies till the rear end blew. thats where the things life ended. it was fun though.

• 8 months later...
Can you put the quad buckets into the 1995?

Yes you can. All you need is the rear panel that is behind the seats and the center console.

Also looks like the owner is selling this car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Supreme-1994-Oldsmobile-Cutlass-Supreme-Convertible-73-000-miles-1-of-19-and-/110828170156?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19cddfabac