• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Psych0matt

• BXX

• Twenty

• AL

I think that Barney look might actually go well in Flint! :lol:

But in all honesty, I would say if you paint them, you should really paint something else that color as well to accent it. I think it looks out of place when just the calipers are painted. I don't know what else you could paint, but for instance I have a friend with an HHR who painted his calipers lime green. It actually looked ok since he had also painted the bowties that color to accent it. Now, I know that's a bad example, and I really don't suggest that color for you...I just think you should also use what ever color you decide somewhere else on the car also.

In all honesty though, if you're darkening the rims, I wouldn't put a bright color on. Heck, even black might just be fine....idk.

Hey, sounds like the parts are comin in pretty nicely! Now you just gotta start putting them on the car....:lol: Great progress, great write-up and sounds like you have a nice-lookin GP! Interested in seeing the end results! Be sure to take the before/after stance pictures! Oh, and about painting the calipers...either black or gunmetal/silver. You don't need an obnoxious color like yellow or red to make your brakes jump out at people. Cleaner is more simple IMO.

yeah, I'm thinking silver will look nice to set off the wheels, which are going to be a charcoal type color (I have another thread in the section). I have 99% of the parts, but BXX is helping me install everything, because I'm basically a newb when it comes to suspension. In fact a mini mod meet weekend has come out of it, so when that rolls around it's all gettin done! I'm seriously anxious already

• 1 month later...
Looks like 2.5-3" drop. I love it! Do you scrape at all?

It scrapes a bit, but I'm gonna be fixing that. I got 10" springs, which are good in front, but the rears are as high as they can go, and it's sitting about as low as it can go. I need new strut bolts in the rear, and possible one or both pass side when bearings, and then it needs aligned and should be good

Looks like 2.5-3" drop. I love it! Do you scrape at all?

It scrapes a bit, but I'm gonna be fixing that. I got 10" springs, which are good in front, but the rears are as high as they can go, and it's sitting about as low as it can go. I need new strut bolts in the rear, and possible one or both pass side when bearings, and then it needs aligned and should be good

Watch that valance! Looking good, when did you get the GP 5 spokes?

Today :lol: I like them more than the xlaces I think :dunno: Im buying them from Al, he currently has my black Xlaces which will be FS soon. I was rubbing a lot less with these, and I like how they look better. I'm planning on cleaning them up and probably painting them gloss gunmetal.

I need to order the 12" springs for the rear, and get it aligned. The ride is not at all nearly as harsh as I expected! I haven't really tried much yet since it's not aligned (at all :willynilly: ), but that'll probably happen later this week/early next week. Maybe a new hub bearing or two.

The last two things I need to do which arent immidiately necessary are the poly subframe bushings, and the rear sway bar. I have the bushings for both, but need a rear sway bar still.

I love the look, but like I said, the 10" springs are just a tad too short. 12" ones should be perfect, so I can get it just high enough not to scrape.

Poly front sway bar bushings, complete front coilovers with BXX mounts, in the rear it has 2nd gen knuckles and brakes (so much better), 2nd gen trailing arms, and BXX Beefy™ front and rear lateral links (adjustable rears), also with complete coilovers in back. Fronts are running 400lb springs, and 350 in the rears. I need to make a mod list soon...

And like i said, rear sway (with poly bushings), and poly control arm bushings soon. Hopefully before dayton