• BXX

• Twenty

• Venom

Ok, so I can order the following as is:

Coilover Sleeves, (x4)

Coilover Adj Nuts, (x4)

Torrington Bearings

Front and rear GR2s

Springs, I still have to decide. Twenty said he was doing 425/300 Front/rear. I like the sound of that, but I want opinions before I order those.

I still need lateral links and trailing arms, as well as front and rear STBs. I'm going to go with BXX's mounts, and probably an integrated front stb while we're at it.

That just leaves ball joints and tie rod ends that I'll get from the Zone (should I get both inner and outer TR ends while Im at it?).

Otherwise, I still don't really know what poly bushings I need.

um, I would go 400lb max on the front and 300 to 350 rear. 300 is a good rate for the rear IMHO. Get 10 inch springs btw. 12 inch is too long for the fronts I know for a fact.

as far as the poly front control arm bushings, I have no clue on the part number. I think Venom had posted it though.

as for the inner tie rods. I dunno. I do them since they are cheap, but they don't fail as often and are more difficult to change.

I do have a fsb that will work on any mounts. I'm gonna replicate it someday but I don't actually need it to do so, so I can sell it to you.

My article for the front control arm bushings has been the first article on the home page for a long time. Its also in the FAQ section.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/41614-The-Official-Poly-Control-Arm-Bushing-Writeup

The original thread:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/39160-Poly-Control-Arm-Bushings-on-1st-gen-W-body

Edited by xtremerevolution

stupid work is getting in the way of everything!!! :willynilly: I still haven't ordered my shocks and struts, but that's the next thing on the list after getting the mortgage and some other bills paid. I'm down to a rear sway bar (as soon as it's warm, all the cars in the yards Ive been to are basically sitting on the ground), and lateral links, which I want to buy from you BXX, but only if I can swing that. I think (and hope) that should be fine, just have to kinda wait and see how the next week or two go

Yeah, just let me know:thumbsup:

Your front mounts are ready to b welded, im gonna start on cutting the steel for the rear mounts tomorrow if I can get rid of this horrible migraine:(

all the cars in the yards Ive been to are basically sitting on the ground

Have you been to Cut Rate on Dort at Richfield? Most of their stuff is already off the cars and sitting in a warehouse. I've bought a few things from them over the years...they're pretty nice. If you're lucky like me, they wont know what the stuff is worth! I bought a brand new unpainted dash for my truck (worth $200) for $20!

Have you been to Cut Rate on Dort at Richfield? Most of their stuff is already off the cars and sitting in a warehouse. I've bought a few things from them over the years...they're pretty nice. If you're lucky like me, they wont know what the stuff is worth! I bought a brand new unpainted dash for my truck (worth $200) for $20!

cut rate is one of my favorites. It was complete, and genesee, but after my last visit to complete I wont go back. Once it starts warming up soon I wanna get out. I'll let you know, if you wanna go

Yeah, just let me know:thumbsup:

Your front mounts are ready to b welded, im gonna start on cutting the steel for the rear mounts tomorrow if I can get rid of this horrible migraine:(

Im not in a hurry, take your sweet ass time! Also, I was talking to al, and he'll be 21 if we do it the third weekend in april...

Another great place is Schultz's in Millington. It's on Belsay Rd between Arbela and Willard. My grandpa lives right by there on Willard, and my dad and grandpa have been going there for years. Real nice guy. Last time I was there he had lots of W-bodys. Pretty knowledgeable too. Lot of things you can just ask if he has and he'll know off the top of his head what's out there. But again, you'd have to wait until it warms up since it's all outside...but not too warm or you'll run into the hornets!

But yeah let me know, and I'll go.

Im not in a hurry, take your sweet ass time! Also, I was talking to al, and he'll be 21 if we do it the third weekend in april...

Who said anything aboot me checking ID at the garage door:lol:

haha, good point! Either way, does that work for you? I'm thinking the weekend of the 8th might sneak up too soon, would the 22nd weekend be too late? I'm really tempted to just say screw any other expenses (other than bills) for a few weeks and just get your lateral links :lol: Give me a few days, I'm strongly thinking about it. Besides, I haven't finished my taxes yet either

Yeah, that works for me:thumbsup:

Lemme make sure I can get that Saturday and Sunday off. Sunday wont be an issue, I just gotta make sure our lead tech will work Saturday for me.

Or I could just work Saturday, get off at 4 or 5 and we do an evening thing, and then have Sunday to do whatever

I have a few last things to wrap up, but that should be done in the next few days. BXX, I'm about 85% on getting your lat links. I have to order my shocks and struts still after I deposit a check tomorrow and pay some bills, and then as far as I know, the absolute last thing I need is a sway bar (and an RSTB, but that can be added later if I don't find one in time?)

And ball joints, tie rod ends, other over the counter parts that don't cost much.

yeah, that's the same boat I'm in right now. I'm not too worried cuz I know they're a dime a dozen, I just don't want (or need) to bust my balls trying to tear one out in the snow :lol:

Let me know if there's anything else you can think of, but I think just about everything is accounted for. Once I get my ES stuff in I'll make a list of everything

Yeah, make a list of what you have once you get all your parts in and we will see what all gaps we need to fill.

We will be doing a Gen 2 rear brake swap right? Ill make sure we are covered in anything needed to do brake line repair if your lines are too crusty to bend into their new location without damaging them.

yep, I have calipers/brackets/bolts as well as the 2g knuckles I got from Al. I'd like to get braided lines, but I'll probably hold off for now